Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing the SW Mototech center stand on my 97 Speed Triple last night and almost got it finished. I ran into a problem trying to hook up the springs. Can anybody give me some advice on how to get them hooked up?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem.

What I ended up doing; big freaking screw driver, greased up a little to allow the spring to slide along it. Put through the end of the spring and lever against the prong that the spring is supposed to hook to. I also did one spring at a time; I believe I did it outer first, inner spring second.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i did the same, minus the grease. it takes some patience, fo sho.

I had the same problem.

What I ended up doing; big freaking screw driver, greased up a little to allow the spring to slide along it. Put through the end of the spring and lever against the prong that the spring is supposed to hook to. I also did one spring at a time; I believe I did it outer first, inner spring second.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I got the springs on and it is now functional. I'm wondering if they changed the design a little, because I was reading in the forum that the chain touches the stand when the bike is on the side stand. Mine is not close to the chain at all but just as it hits the rubber stop pad in the up position it touches the bottom back joint of my shift linkage. I just have to glue a slightly thicker pad on to it and I will be fine.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I actually did have contact between my chain and the stand. But this was on a 2002 S3. Maybe my chain was a tad loose but I ended up removing the stand because of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts