Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has tried one of these, and do they actually work??!
it’s the only screen I’ve seen that I almost like but it’s so small I’m not sure if it’ll make any difference helping to combat motorway miles

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have one. I bought for looks not for combating motorway miles. ;-)

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
122 Posts
At motorway speeds you'll hardly notice a sceen so small.
I fitted a black opaque MRA Roadshield Classic to my previous bike, an air cooled T100, and liked it so much I transfered it to my current bike, a Speedmaster 1200. In my opinion, its about the smallest size that actually provides the sort of protection I want for touring or all day rides.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
i have the excellent MRA speedscreen on my street scram, you will need optional bigger id mounts for the fatter bars + they are still tight but work well + slowly snug them up when installing. MRA offers the vario for more protection but i want to look OVER the screen + am 5-8, screen is quite adjustable + all screws are quality stainless as is everything else. that link shows mounts similar to my 13 vic hammer + triumph universal fit screens mount the same, other options as well from MRA. not the cheepest but maybe the best IMO

·
Registered
16 Posts
Madstad is one of the best wind screens I have owned. This is my second bike with one of these. Tilt and elevation, as well as quick release in 20 seconds. Works so well, I
IMG_20210626_150452669a.jpg
IMG_20210626_150452669a.jpg
hardly take it off.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
That Madstad is without doubt one if the ugliest screens I’ve ever seen. Are you sure a motorcycle is what you want? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's all about function over fashion. I get the best of both worlds, a wind blown scrambler for short rides and a great touring ride all day long. I consider ugly a compliment for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts