Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one been following the on going struggles of Suzuki? They just did a huge double dump on the motorcycle world this last week.
First they fired themselves from the partnership with Volkswagon. Shame as I think a VW motor in a Suzuk frame would have sold god zillions.

Next they announced they were leaving Moto GP for two years to work on the V-4 1000cc engine for the 2014 season. I was thinking of the VW W engine for that series. They must know some thing we don't as ordinary peons.
Any ideas on what the future of Suzuki holds?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Hey a V4? Well they better not be trying to horn in on the new Motus with that! Doesn't somebody here have some $$ down on one of those? Saw one of those cranked up at the Barber event. wonderful.
Oh the Zuki is a fore and aft V4. Never mind.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
I think they know exactly what we know, about the economy and world in general. I just think they know the specifics of how it pertains to them better than us.

Either that or they've mad a massive error, only time and sales figures will tell.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they know exactly what we know, abo just done with the series period?ut the economy and world in general. I just think they know the specifics of how it pertains to them better than us.

Either that or they've mad a massive error, only time and sales figures will tell.
Spank. These guys had V4s back in the old 1000cc days. Do you think they need another 2 years to work it out or are they just done with the series period?:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
I think you need a good few years to produce any new engine, an old v4 wouldn't cut the mustard.

I think they belive that it's a lot of money to sink over the next few years of recession and they leave themselves the option of returning if things dont...or do pan out.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I've always considered Suzuki the tailend of Japanese manufacturers. Don't get me wrong, some of their bikes are brilliant. However, Suzuki seems to stagnate and stick with a model far too long. Suzuki brings up the rear when it comes to risks taken and innovative bikes introduced. Honda does much the same thing, but seems to evolve from one model to the next constantly improving incrementally. Kawasaki seems to ride a rollercoaster between outstanding bikes and catch-up bikes, almost as if their R&D department takes everyother year off.

I thought VW and Suzuki would've produced amazing bikes. Guess we'll never know.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Suzuki is a strange company. They can build an awesome motorcycle but can't build a decent car. We service Cadillacs and Suzukis where I work and we'll have at least one Suzuki engine job per week at the minimum.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Suzuki is a strange company. They can build an awesome motorcycle but can't build a decent car. We service Cadillacs and Suzukis where I work and we'll have at least one Suzuki engine job per week at the minimum.
For real? I was drinking with a car mechanic who put the top three in this order Toyota, Honda, Suzuki with honourable mention to Mazda. We don't see too many Caddies anywhere 'cept on tele. I heard that Caddie never built a rear wheel drive; z'at for real too?

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
What? Caddie never built a rear wheel drive?! Who are these mechanics you've been talking to and why are you trusting their opinions?

But, to answer your question: yes, really. Suzuki's quality is awful, frankly. The 2006-and-up Grand Vitara is probably the best vehicle they've ever made. They are rarely in our shop for anything other than basic maintenance. The rest? Run away.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For real? I was drinking with a car mechanic who put the top three in this order Toyota, Honda, Suzuki with honourable mention to Mazda. We don't see too many Caddies anywhere 'cept on tele. I heard that Caddie never built a rear wheel drive; z'at for real too?
Your mechs are smoking dope sir. Try putting into google "CTS-V and see what you come up with. Not even the GM of Aussi land has that rear wheel drive. Mine is a 2005 so hp is only 425.:D

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Your mechs are smoking dope sir.
You'd trust one who doesn't? Mechanics also rig up the best smoking contraptions. Mine just doesn't know anything about Caddies, shan't hold that against him.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Suzuki does know something, they manufacture the best motorcycle gearbox. Where they fit in the hierarchy, that's another discussion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts