Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
30,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded their fork springs and / or shock yet?

I am interested in looking at fork springs first. I have to play with the rear shock a bit before I write that off. The forks dive a little too much in my view, and swapping springs is a relatively inexpensive and very straightforward mod.

So - wondered if anyone has any views on that?

:ear

·
Registered
170 Posts
:) On my Tiger 1050 I did the Racetech Gold Valve kit with Ohlins springs up front....In the rear I replaced the stock shock with an adjustable Ohlins unit... I appreciated the difference and was wondering while riding this afternoon if anyone had done any upgrading of the 800?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I take back my original recommendation.
I don't want to spread any gossip, but I have zero tolerance for what he is accused of doing. I know it's very easy to set-up somebody in that arena (my wife has a degree in computers), but I can't tolerate that type of shyte.

·
Registered
24 Posts
new shock and springs

I'm upgrading the rear shock and front springs on my 800 Roadie.
Mainly to be able to control a heavy pillion and luggage.
I'm going for a wilbers with pre load and compression damping .
Revalved and custom built for the extra weight.
Should know by next week will keep you posted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered the Hagon road shocks. They look cool, have a great $199 price, and you can call them direct and they will build the shock how you want it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I Have ordered an Ohlins rear shock and front springs for my 800 roadie. Will post when fitted and tested

·
Registered
5 Posts
I havent done an exaustive search yet, but I havent seen reference to the way the suspension works on this bike. I find it extremely jarring, and in Seattle its exacerbated with our crappy roads. Iwas thinking they got the compression damping all wrong until I rode off a couple curbs for fun, and it felt perfect. Made me wonder what they were thinking when they set up the roadie. As a roadie, I think it's way overdamped, but it might be pretty good if riding down some fire road or something. Confusing, and all of a sudden this bike is getting more expensive...needs a better seat, modified suspension and a windshield that doesnt buffet my head like a paint can shaker...Still love the bike enough to make the changes though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I havent done an exaustive search yet, but I havent seen reference to the way the suspension works on this bike. I find it extremely jarring, and in Seattle its exacerbated with our crappy roads. Iwas thinking they got the compression damping all wrong until I rode off a couple curbs for fun, and it felt perfect. Made me wonder what they were thinking when they set up the roadie. As a roadie, I think it's way overdamped, but it might be pretty good if riding down some fire road or something. Confusing, and all of a sudden this bike is getting more expensive...needs a better seat, modified suspension and a windshield that doesnt buffet my head like a paint can shaker...Still love the bike enough to make the changes though.
Welcome to the club. I just put the Hyperpro combo kit on my XC. Helped a lot but not 100% cure all. Have to live with it for now as I am running out of cash to spend on this. Windshield is next for me as well. Airhawk helped a lot with the seat but still might get it reworked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts