Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone,

I was saying in another post that I have been mucking around for a number hours and now a few weekends with my suspension and have settled on Front preload 2 lines Comp2 and rebound 2, Rear an extra .5 of a turn. And it's an 09 S3.

I'm still not happy with the feel. There is less wallowing and small bump harshness however at the scarifise of an overall firmer ride. I am 85kgs and around 175cm. My riding is everything from a putter to work and back, twisties on the weekend and I'll ocassionally indulge in a trackday.
Can anyone offer any comment on the benefits of revalving or changing oil/spring weights, is it worth it? Is there anything special is should be asking/looking out for etc.
Cheers guys,
Simon

·
Registered
158 Posts
As to the front: I put in Race Tech springs, which made a huge difference. I went with 0.90 (220 lbs), probably should have done 0.95. I then did the Gold Valve mod, which works very well. The springs were a bigger bang for the buck.

Rear: RaceTech Gold Valves. Very, very nice. Well worth the cost and time spent pulling and replacing the shock (which is a pain).

·
Registered
373 Posts
85kg is a bit heavier than what the factory suspension was designed for. I am about 72kg and was told the rear spring was too soft even for me! Racetech told me that ideally I should have springs that fit my weight. The front springs are progressive so a linear one is recommended. Search on this forum for people who have done the same thing. They all love it.

I have used the sportbike.com settings and have been happy. It's a firm and compliant ride but still comfortable for hours. No complaints at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts