Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my speed four from some one who had it set up for their wife. who is like 110 soaking wet. i am 270 dry. they lowered the rear of the bike to. now i had the front preload, rebound, and compression set. i raised the rear up about a inch with the triangle they had installed to lower it. now when i ride it fells like i a flat rear tire. it corners great and have no issues with it. it just when I'm going in a strait line i.e. surface streets it feels like the rear tire is flat. the rear moves side to side. when i down shift it also moves side to side. can any please point me in the right direction thanks :???:

·
Registered
851 Posts
That is definitely not normal behaviour, or anything that would be adjusted by suspension settings.

Check that there isn't any play in any of the pivots in the shock linkage. Check that all bolts in the linkage and shock mounts are tight. Also check that the rear wheel is tight, and see if there's play in the rear wheel (bearings).

I'd be betting on something in the shock linkage being loose, since that's what the PO mucked around with.

Best of luck! :cool:

One thing - be careful! That sounds like a safety issue. Nothing sucks worse than crashing an damaging yourself and/or the bike because of a mechanical issue that you could have resolved. My two cents....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know the shock bolts and stuff back there are tight. i am going to tighten up the chain this weekend i will check for loose bolts and bearings on the rear wheel. is there any tips on adjusting the chain i should know. i heard the guide wears out on this year. its a 03.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts