Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

SUSPENSION SET UP HELP!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Hairball 
#1 ·
Hi guys can anyone recommend a suspension set up for someone who is 154 lbs and rides aggressively? :???:

#4 ·
I set my 06 S3 to the Sport Rider settings and love it. Try the stock settings and play around with it a little. Getting it dialed in takes a little time but it's worth it. Nothin' worse than tons of horsepower and a poor handling bike.
Fred

#6 ·
I weigh in at 158, I softened up the front pre-load to around 6 lines showing,
I also softened up the rear quite a bit.

I don't recall the compression or rebound but I softened the compression a little also.
Rebound seemed a little fast (springing back up in mid turn) so I dialed it in a click at a time till the forks stayed compressed throughout turn, without packing.

The adjustments on the rear are almost non functional for a light person, I may get re-valved or upgrade the shock.

I tighten things up a bit for the track - Preload & compression, Rebound settings seem fine for street & track

Unless you like riding a brick... Forget the sport rider settings.

I also use a zip tie on the fork to get as much travel as I can without bottoming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.