Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Thanks for letting me join the forum, I’m new to the motorbikes but am enjoying it already.

Basically I’ve already grown interested in working on my bike and need some help.

I’m looking to swap out my stock forks and fit some scrambler ones for a slightly taller ride (couldn’t afford a scrambler) I’ve found a complete set from a 2013 scrambler would these be a straight for my 2003 Bonneville?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
They will fit. The lowers are different in that they don't have the lugs for the fender stays.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
...but I'm fairly certain the Bonneville fork lowers bolt straight on to the Scrambler forks (same internals) so you could keep the Bonneville mudguard complete with stays if you so wish.

Tim

~'05 Thruxton~Sport Evolution 1100cc~FCR 39mm~813 cams~shim-under-bucket~+1.5mm valves~Ignitech CDI~m-Lock~m-Unit~Acewell CA85~F3 Frankenfork~Hagon Nitros~6-piston Pretech~520 chain~wide 17" rims~sticky rubber~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Massive thanks guys, I’ll keep
A look out for a reasonably priced set then.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Massive thanks guys, I’ll keep
A look out for a reasonably priced set then.
You can also just change out the fork tubes to what ever length you want... If I'm not mistaken, the Scrambler fork tubes are 1 inch longer than a Bonnies. There are a number of suppliers that can fix you up... the fork are a very common 41mm kayaba (or showa) units... nothing special or unique...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts