Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2005 model tiger 955i and the mileage is 11k

I bought it second hand and thought I would check the rear suspension settings. I was shockednthat preload was set to nearly 5 and rebound damping was 2 clicks out from fully in!

I am 15 and a half stone and mostly ride on my own but have the occasional passenger.

I have rest the preload to 3.5 and the damping to 6

What do you recdommend

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hi !! suspension adjustment is all down to your ride style !! the firmer you make it, the sportier it feels !! i couldn`t work out the 3-5, 4, 5 settins so i screwed the bolt all the way in till it stopped, then i counted the clicks out, took it to 30 clicks, went for a ride (with tool) :) and i think it now sits at 40 clicks !! i`m NO suspention guru, its just what i`ve done !!

KK

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi ,I agree with Kenny, it is what feels right for you. I started at factory original setting, went two clicks firmer and liked that then after fitting stiffer front springs, went two clicks firmer and found it is perfect for me. Putting former front springs made the rear feel very woolly. I have also noticed with the firmer rear I don't need to adjust for my 12st pillion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This may seem like a stupid question to alot of you, but i thought i would ask before i make a mess.

i want to set my tiger up to be high and hard.

To do this i think i need to set my pre-load towards 0 and the damping towards fully screwed in.

Can someone confirm i am going in the right direction?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts