Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 2 used panniers for my 02 Sprint and am looking for alternatives for mounting brackets and hardware. The dealer wants $450, is there any alternatives or am I SOL. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
554 Posts
You could always build your own of course, go through ebay might show something up or maybe you could find a motorcycle scrapyard.
There's also the Classifieds section on this forum.

Other than that I can't think of anything but a Triumph dealer, maybe one have a used part you can buy cheap (well, cheaper than new anyway).

·
Registered
410 Posts
I got my panniers , complete with all brackets ect, secondhand, for £120.00 in UK. There are dealers over here, & probably in US, who buy up bikes with accessories. Strip off the assessories for sale then sell the bike too. Try your second hand dealers via ads & the web.
To keep my panniers safe in the garage when not in use, I duplicated the rails the panniers fit to on the bike, in wood & screwed them to the garage wall. !!!
Good luck !

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Fitting Hardware

rollingon15s

I would go with Bonnevillet140v's advice and pick up the full kit. There's a lot more steel goes into the back of the ST to carry the pannier rails (which are plastic).

Here's a link to a page that has the fitting instructions, and the diagrams showing all the parts used...

http://www.triumphnet.com/

Use the links menu on the left to select the following options and you will find the instructions

99-04 ST > FAQ

at the bottom of the page you should find "Accessory install tips" and then on the next page "Triumph Top Rack /2 Box Pannier Set"

these should get you there!

Rexx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts