Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to ride minisupermotards with my friends for the second time now today. Eases up the pain of not being able to ride motorcycle. And it's a lot of fun! :-D :hammer:

I was the only one on the group who arrived to the scene with bike. Bunch of p*ssies they are! There's still perfect riding weather. +7 celsius and only little rain. That's why I'm the only one riding in full gear :D Looks fun though :D

Link

Has anyone of you tried this?

[ This message was edited by: premier on 2006-11-28 15:30 ]

·
Registered
63 Posts
looks like fun! How big are the motors 50cc? How fast do you get going?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they're 110cc, but there's speedlimiters. Automatic clutch and crappy gear box makes the riding a bit tricky :razz:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's not straights long enough on that track for full speed, but I guess they would go about 90km/h.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Looks like a hoot to me! You can buy these things here (made in china) for super cheap. They come in 50cc 90cc and 110cc. Basically just Honda minibike knockoffs.

Of course the operative syllable in "Superminimotards" is still "Tards"

·
Registered
167 Posts
On 2006-11-28 15:28, premier wrote:

Has anyone of you tried this?
I raced a 50 cc Yamaha YSR for a couple of seasons. I wanted to race again but was wary of broken bones and long healing times for a 50 year old body. I figured a stock YSR was so slow and so low to the ground, it would be impossible to get hurt. My first weekend out I low sided and broke my collarbone. Fair warning, but it was a hoot.....

BTW, their were two fast guys in the club. One of them was a 16 year old named John Hopkins.

Regards,

Mark G

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
me and a buncha my buddies used to race pocket bikes around a shutdown Kmart parking lot. :-D Believe it or not, I could actually git my knee down on that bike. :-D Here's a pic of mine, she looked just like my R1... :-D

·
Registered
480 Posts
WOW You really got a nkee down?? That means you had to proubly lean over like 2 inchs right? :-D :-D :-D Sorry I've been reading to many of Limeys posts.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
On 2006-11-28 20:43, 24gt wrote:
WOW You really got a nkee down?? That means you had to proubly lean over like 2 inchs right? :-D :-D :-D Sorry I've been reading to many of Limeys posts.
Ah, Grasshopper. Time to take the short walk to self -centeredness. :-D :-D

·
Registered
182 Posts
On 2006-11-28 18:56, crashmasterd wrote:
Looks like a hoot to me! You can buy these things here (made in china) for super cheap. They come in 50cc 90cc and 110cc. Basically just Honda minibike knockoffs.

If thats the case whats the operative syllable in crashmasterd???.... :moon: :roflmoa2: :roflmoa2:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On 2006-11-29 05:41, oldmanrandall wrote:

If thats the case whats the operative syllable in crashmasterd???.... :moon: :roflmoa2: :roflmoa2:
Hahaha :roflmoa2: Nice one, randall :-D

·
Registered
119 Posts
On 2006-11-28 18:56, crashmasterd wrote:

That's hilarious! :roflmao2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
On 2006-11-28 20:26, cheapbastard wrote:
me and a buncha my buddies used to race pocket bikes around a shutdown Kmart parking lot. :-D Believe it or not, I could actually git my knee down on that bike. :-D Here's a pic of mine, she looked just like my R1... :-D
The King's pain is your gain. :-D

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I've seen parking lot races with 'em around here too. Looks like fun. Bet it's even more fun with beer :-D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
As is often to be seen, I have no problem making fun of myself.

Joy of joys! Now I have someone to do it for me!

Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! You're my hero!

Love and kisses,

~Terd

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've actually been thinking about getting a "pit bike" just to have some fun with. Does anyone know who sells some decent ones? Should I just look at buying a kids dirt bike and putting better shocks on it? Im thinking maybe a frozen pond or snow and one of those things would be pretty fun. Maybe a little beer added to that equation too...?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts