Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
I see the advertisement for "SUPERBRACE for Triumph" about every 3rd time i log onto this site. So i finally went and checked what it was all about.

whats the real story? Wouldn't all manufacturer's incorporate this if it's so good? ...PM me if you think we can't talk about it here.

thanks,
JS

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
It's just an aftermarket thing to stiffen up the fork tubes. Ours are stiff enough and if you did something to tweak the tubes a fork brace won't help matters any.
I have braces on my '72 enduro but those are noodle tubes anyway and take more of a pounding and twisting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
we used to put braces on Moto Guzzi Le mans a long time ago as the fork legs tended to walk round corners. But this was in the days of Italian spaghetti insteead of metal for forks and when they put a plastic mudgard on. I did look at the advert but could not see a sprint one anyway.

John

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
We use them on the twins side all the time and alot of Thruxton owners and Bonneville owners have them. They are needed on the wallowy front ends of the twins but definitely not on the Sprints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts