Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i called superbrace today and they said the "non-gaiter" version of the superbrace wasn't quite avalible yet. but for those that have them.. what do you think? noticeable gains in handling? would appreciate any input
Ron

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was very impressed. The whole front suspension seamed to stiffen with some rigidity. This is what my Bonneville needed. Would assume same to the Thruxton.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
i used to like the look of the superbrace and really wanted one last year but got sick of waiting for them to make on that fit a thruxton, then when i heard they were available (and then heard that they weren't) they weren't shipping them at the time that i wanted a fork brace so i went with the british customs brace.

i am guessing that it really doesn't matter which brace you get (superbrace, british customs, norman hyde, etc.) since they are all going to pretty much do the same thing and stiffen up the front end, and would say just go with the one you find most asthetically pleasing.

so far i have absolutely no complaints about the british customs brace and will admit it wasn't my first choice for looks initially, but once i installed it i really like they way it looks on the bike, even more than the super brace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts