Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday I visited the Sun City resort http://www.suninternational.com/Destinations/Resorts/SunCity/Pages/default.aspx
which is only a few kilometers off my usual Sunday morning route. Every Sunday they invite bikers into the complex free of charge & offer breakfast. That's every Sunday except this upcoming one because of the annual golf tournament http://www.nedbankgolfchallenge.com/leaderboard.asp , one of the biggest sporting events in the country.

I had breakfast in the Palms Terrace Restaurant

The breakfast cost the equivalent of about US$ 10.

DaveB.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I then had a stroll round. This the lake where they offer jet skis, water skiing & parasailing

There were some birds of prey on display. This is a kestrel I think

and this is a lanner falcon

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There was a great deal of activity going on- erecting massive air-conditioned marquees & sprucing up the gardens for the golf tournament. The Cascades Hotel is in the background

The whole complex was looking immaculate

The tournament tees off tomorrow (Thursday). This is the 18th green of the Gary Player golfcourse

The 18th green with the Palace of the Lost City in the background

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The entrance to the Cascades Hotel

A view from the hotel's terrace

The entrance to the Entertainment Centre. This houses the Superdome where I've seen live shows by Rod Stewart, Elton John, Queen & Bryan Adams over the years

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The walkway to the Lost City

I guess the theme is that it's supposed to be a mythical place from ancient times- hence the 'distressed' wooden gates :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Valley of Waves

About to set off home. It must have been about 35degC/95degF :veryhot: in the shade. Whatever, it was different from a regular Sunday ride and a lot of fun

DaveB.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Oh sure, post pictures of beautiful locations, cheap high carb breakfasts, and a nice bike...then tell us the temperature outisde was 95. Rub it in. :D

·
Premium Member
17,471 Posts
Sure, but we've got... well... we've...

Okay, you're right, Cat. He's a scoundrel.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Oh sure, post pictures of beautiful locations, cheap high carb breakfasts, and a nice bike...then tell us the temperature outisde was 95. Rub it in. :D
What are you complainin' about you're from Nevada the weather is BEAUTIFUL for riding right now. :) ;)

--Kory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts