Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Bought a 2005 st two days ago. fantastic ride, however i have one problem. The lack of handlebar turning especially when pulling away from a giveways, hands get crushed against the tank:mad: Whats the best positioning ? so this dont happen when making turns?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
945 Posts
Really?? Little more info needed and a pic would help. Did the bike come with risers??

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Granted I'm not a 1050 rider, but that sounds like bent bars to me.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
316 Posts
Granted I'm not a 1050 rider, but that sounds like bent bars to me.
I agree. Now, I'm on an 08, which has the higher bars, so maybe I just avoid it because of that, but I hit steering lock well before my hands get close to hitting the tank.

·
Premium Member
24,407 Posts
Welcome aboard

Hi guys. Bought a 2005 st two days ago. fantastic ride, however i have one problem. The lack of handlebar turning especially when pulling away from a giveways, hands get crushed against the tank:mad: Whats the best positioning ? so this dont happen when making turns?
Thanks in advance
Hi and welcome kooga :)

I think everyone here is expressing that it would be very unusual to require the bars to be on full lock while moving so that your hands could hit the tank.

That is if you have normal hands (not like iceman's pic) and stock bars.

If you have a stock set up the you would not normally ever be turning the bars that tight anyway.

Enjoy the forums
DaveM:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
....... I cant imagine actually riding my bike with the bars on full lock.

Do you have large hands?
:D Thanks for the responses, guys. I brought her to a garage today to check if the bars were bent, but they werent. Problem is to do with the positioning of my hands on the grips i seem to hold them more like a steering wheel(hands down lower) of a car so when pulling off at a slow speed i trap my hands and wrist against the tank. So.. i will just have to learn to have my hands placed up higher , if you get my drift, that way i dont have the problem.

·
Registered
857 Posts
try moving the levers down to make a line through your forearms and wrists

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Hands on bars, palms down, NOT up! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts