Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about ready to take the plunge & order an Air Box Elimination Kit. (probably from BellaCorse) With the vast experience here I was wondering what other items might be of use to purchase at the same time to make best use of the kit. Namely, perhaps additional jets other than those supplied with the kit, the thumb-screw idle adjusters or anything else in retrospect would have been a good idea at the time. Thanks all! :bow:

P.S. The exhaust I'll be using I received as a gift & believe them to be like the BellaCorse tear-drop/EMGO variety. (From the descriptions I've read) Straight thru, no baffles fiberglass(?) packing, & I've already removed the AI. Again much thanks, as I defer to the Masters! :chug:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Idle Mixture Screws are always a nice touch. An excellent addition to the kit would be a pair of NGK Iridium Spark Plugs. Possibly a different size countershaft sprocket?

If your Teardrops have two welded-in threaded inserts, one above the other (not side-by-side), then those would be the Emgo mufflers I use. There is someone hustling mufflers and adaptor pipes on eBay, but without the PROPER rubber-mounted hanger brackets and SS clamps. Jetting would be the same as my kit.

Mike

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
JP...the pipes are straight-through. There appears to be some packing material along the walls of the pipes (assuming they are EMGO's), but I couldn't tell you what it is.

Shorty

[ This message was edited by: Shorty on 2007-02-28 11:19 ]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have pix of the mufflers, but I'm too green here to know how to post 'em. :(

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Do they look like these? These are Emgos with the adapter pipe, and they are straight through.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lox: Yep, they look like those. I was hoping the "Burgess" style I had would work out o.k. From RaceDweebs post I was concerned mine were knock offs of knock offs & there would be trouble... (I pretty sure mine came from eBay)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts