Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
it took triumph 4 years to design this bike, i think its great and efficient where it is

if you do move it youll have to find a new home for the battery, all the electronics and airbox and then re route the minimalist rad hoses to where you put it

if you get that far seeing as youll have moved it from the front where cooling is at its most efficient, you could end up running it too hot and ruining your engine

i think if you do move it to somewhere it would work efficiently, say side mounted somewhere for example, it will end up looking worse than how it is now

·
Registered
338 Posts
it took triumph 4 years to design this bike, i think its great and efficient where it is

if you do move it youll have to find a new home for the battery, all the electronics and airbox and then re route the minimalist rad hoses to where you put it

if you get that far seeing as youll have moved it from the front where cooling is at its most efficient, you could end up running it too hot and ruining your engine

i think if you do move it to somewhere it would work efficiently, say side mounted somewhere for example, it will end up looking worse than how it is now
Exactly.

·
Premium Member
'08 Bonneville, '14 Thruxton, '17 Thruxton R, '12 Street Triple R, '99 R1100S, '65 Ducati 350
22,868 Posts
Just run the coolant through the frame tubes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The only advice I can give you is sell it and buy something you really like as is. By messing with it you could ruin the engine and lose time and money having to fix it when you could be riding. I don`t find the radiator makes the Street Twin look bad but that`s just me.
Juan

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Just run the coolant through the frame tubes.
Not so far fetched. I have a PGO sand buggy with a rear-mounted engine and two radiators, a rear one, and another connected in series right at the front. The coolant travels to and from the front radiator through the chasis tubes.

·
Registered
Thruxton 1200 R , 900 , KTM Duke 390 , Honda NSR 125 , SWM 124
1,830 Posts
Not so far fetched. I have a PGO sand buggy with a rear-mounted engine and two radiators, a rear one, and another connected in series right at the front. The coolant travels to and from the front radiator through the chasis tubes.
Turn the whole frame into a radiator , make for a very expensive frame though . Nice warm seat in the cold , and if the handlebars could be plumbed in too .:smile2:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I like the radiator, shows that Triumph are moving with the times and not trying to hang on to old technology that some manufacturers have been doing for so long, and not publishing HP figues to hide that fact.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wouldn't the frame need cooling fins to run coolant through it?

As for Triumph's radiators; hey, it could be worse. Have you seen those radiators on the Indian Scout and Victory Octane? Those things are huge and fugly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't understand why someone can't make an engine that's just cooled by air.
They can. You'd complain about the performance, though. You can have air-cooled or performance. Pick one. Emissions regs will not allow both. I don't mind the radiator.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts