Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the zard slip on showed up today and let me tell you, the instructions are a little typed up sheet with barely any info and some 1x1 pics on another sheet in italian or something.

ok, so i got my stock pipes off no problem. not sure if i have the zard slipped in enough? pics below. also, they provide some spacers and say to go behind the rearset which i think i did right and then use the spacer to make the width of the bracket on the bottom bolt. seems ok so far. now, there a slew of other bolts etc, rubber things i have no clue how they go, the order or anything. if youve put on a zard slip on and know or can help thanks. i had to stop to go to work but ill hopefully finish it up later. obviously i know this bolt isnt right as of now, its just holding it in for the moment.

what do i do with these? what do you use the brillo thingy for?

in enough?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Greg,

Not sure entirely about the zard, I got the m4 but if you do not have it connected properly you should be able to hear it. Like an exhaust leak. As for the extra bolts and stuff, Zard is notorious for sending extra bits that are not needed for your application. Not sure why........goodluck and hopefully one of the guys with a zard will get on here and give you some help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i hope so. not that it takes much, but i dont feel like re-attaching the stock pipes. especially after feeling how heavy they were. cant wait to get this on and RIDE.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Greg, looking at your pics, I think you need twist the can such that the bracket on the can mates with the inside of the hanger bracket.

The bolt should then pass through the large washer with the boss pointing in, followed by the rubber bush which seats on the boss of the large washer
This passes through the hanger bracket, then the can bracket, and finally the small washer and nut.

Hope this helps,
Good luck!!

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
alright Greg, I suck at explain'n stuff, so I snapped a coupla pics real quick. Don't have time to git 'em on the pc right yet, I'm headed to work, so I'll get them up when I get there. But I can tell you this, I actually have the can mount on the back side of the rear set mounting bracket, not the front like you have pictured. Who's to say what's right, I didn't have any different instructions either, but I think it looks good like I have it, and it seems to work fine. I'll git those pics up soon! Here's an old one in the meantime to maybe help.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Greg,
Try this - in your first photo, remove the bolt, washer, and rubber bushing.
-Replace the large washer and bushing with the new ones from Zard. And slide them on the bolt.
-Slide the bolt through the mount on the bike.
-Then push the Zard silencer mounting tab behind the mount on the bike.
-Add the small washer on the back of the silencer mount and tighten the nut to spec.

Use the brown Scotchbrite pad to clean your hands with soapy water.

Take the bike for a ride and enjoy the new music.
:wink:

[ This message was edited by: Devious2XS on 2007-02-27 06:12 ]

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i got it. thanks for those pics, cheap! seeing how they go it took me only a few mins to get everything back on and correct...i think. off to work again, the man stopping me from putting the battery in and firing it up. again, much appreciated.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2007-02-27 09:02, Boss wrote:
Blimey, I'm not sure I've got mine on properly now... :???: :-D
don't take my word fer it Boss, like I said, I didn't actually have proper instructions either, but I feel the method I used works fine, and looks fine. :hammer: :-D

·
187 Posts
You know, this is what makes the Internet that Al invented so wonderful!

I get an email that there is an installation problem, and before I can get to the response all of you have the problem sorted for the customer.

Zard is trying to keep me in a job with their fabulous installation sheets, you guys are trying to get me fired! :-D

Seriously, thanks for all the help guys, appreciated very much. Now I am back to beating the people at Zard to get everybody some better instruction sheets!

"Milestogogreg" let me know if I can be of any assistance on this or if you have any questions.

Steve Larson

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is there a baffle i need to take out or is it sweet music as is?

im so excited. taking the bike in for its 6k this or early next week so i can get the tors tune.

by the way...does a tuneboy stay on the bike or is it something you load into the computer then hangs out in the garage? something that could be shared? also, how big is it and does it go under the seat? i have the data tool security behind the battery and didnt get a tuneboy for fear of nowhere to put it.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
TuneBoy (TuneEdit actually) is a software package and cable that allows you to connect a PC or laptop to your bike's ECU and adjust the actual fuel and spark mapping in the ECU - and a lot of other stuff.

It doen't take up any space other than the cable, and you disconnect it when done.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anyone in AZ have one and do you know if it works on a MAC? im one of those mac nerds...but my computer is always clean and runs perfect!

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2007-02-27 13:28, milestogogreg wrote:
is there a baffle i need to take out or is it sweet music as is?
Greg, you should know this by looking at the outlet of the can. Big difference with it in or out. The sweeeeet music is made with it out. :-D Some pics fer ya...

Baffle in... :hammer:

Baffle out... :-D

mine required removing a circlip and drilling of one spotweld. Nut'n to it really.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts