Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

stripped float bowl screw...

12K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  propforward 
Surely, and don't call em Shirley, hah...

I was at Sears the other day, looking for a decent torque wrench, and saw stripped screw removal kits. Now, I am sure they have what you need, size wise, but they are expensive. We are lucky enough to have a local Harbor Freight Tools store in Colorado Springs, so I ran down there and picked up a set for 10 bucks, vs 50 at Sears.

They sort of look like drill bits. The goal, get the tip of the bit really to chew into the bolt head allowing you to then bring the bolt out as it's stuck in there.

That being said, you will now have to hit up the schematics at the triumph dealer and buy a replacement bolt. www.bikebandit.com has the schematics for your bike too, and is usually cheaper than local stores, even with shipping.

Regarding the mains not being swapped... I am in the same boat as you, my speedmaster rides and sounds great. No ticking sounds from the valves, no power loss at all. Same work done to my bike. Depending on your riding habits in NYC, I would think you would be fine for now, but have the re jetting set up as your upcoming mod, vice a mod that has to be done right away.

Why is everyone so quick to tell him to rejet? He's got a new exaust on there, and I really don't think he's running THAT lean because of them.

I can't, for the life of me, remember anyone saying that a new exaust would make your engine run hot and ruin it unless you rejet, until this thread. Like I said, in my opinion, it's not "needed" right away, and on top of that, you are NOT ruining your engine by running it with stock jets...

Starting to equate rejetting with windex. Your tire flat? Put some windex on it. Your seat have a tear in it? Windex. You have new exaust, windex!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.