Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my Striple R, but I find the riding position just a little too upright to be perfect (for me), especially after riding my Daytona (go figure.) I have noticed some riders have used the Apex clip-ons to make the position more "ducati-ish" and aggressive. Would love to do that - but would like to hear advice from others and how to proceed.

My apologies is there is already a thread about this out there that I missed in my search.

Thanks

Devin

·
Registered
906 Posts
Apex.

Love my Striple R, but I find the riding position just a little too upright to be perfect (for me), especially after riding my Daytona (go figure.) I have noticed some riders have used the Apex clip-ons to make the position more "ducati-ish" and aggressive. Would love to do that - but would like to hear advice from others and how to proceed.

My apologies is there is already a thread about this out there that I missed in my search.

Thanks

Devin

I use Apex adjustable clip-on's on my street triple.

I have them set in a very low position, lower than a Daytona.

I love the racing position on the street, I wont go back to the "sit up and beg" style.

I flipped the Apex clips-on's upside down in the clamps some time ago after feeling uncomfortable in the corners.

I could never seem to get low enough with either stock bars, Renthal Ultra-Lows or the Apex clip-on's set in the "normal" position.

So I flipped 'em upside down, and now they feel great!

It's quite a committed riding position, but makes getting into the corners and getting off the bike very easy.
Just like a GP bike, as a matter of fact...:)

I must admit the position attracts quite a bit of "interest" from the "Imperial Stormtroopers" ... but I can live with that.
As long as they can't actually catch me when i'm at warp factor 10 on the back road corners, i'm a happy rider...:D

The Apex clip-on's are very well made, super adjustable to any riding position, and reasonably priced.

You need to have a look at a set.

S.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use Apex adjustable clip-on's on my street triple.

I must admit the position attracts quite a bit of "interest" from the "Imperial Stormtroopers" ... but I can live with that.
As long as they can't actually catch me when i'm at warp factor 10 on the back road corners, i'm a happy rider...:D

S.
Bahahhahaa! That's why you give me gip about my white bike :p

I'll second Spooky's setup it has an unbelievable feel to it, even though I was just sitting there and not in motion. The rear sets made a different feel to the bike as well, and it felt good. Give me time and there will be a white version of that bike.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts