Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Street Twin Vs Ducati Scrambler Icon

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  ShanniBadBoy 
#1 ·
Hey, has anybody seen a comparison between the Street Twin and Ducati Scrambler?

#3 ·
I test rode the street twin in Feb , I found it a much much better ride than the scrambler it is better behaved not as quick as the scrambler but smoother , the throttle is an absolute nightmare on the scrambler it is very twitchy I suggest you look at the forums for that, I put a g2 throttle tamer on it , it was almost passable as a bike after that, nothing worse than going round a bend and the slightest surface imperfection would result in a snap response and lurch from the throttle , I know people are going to say they have ridden them and they are fine .. They are not . So in the end it was riding the clutch to have a certain amount of control, also the duke is quite vibey which is fine until you have been on it for an hour, I loved almost everything about my scrambler classic had it 8 months did 3500 miles, but at the end of the day when I rode the street twin it was obviously a much better bike, and wait till the bills start arriving 3,000 mile on a rear tyre and around £265 for a service ( without belt adjustment or replacement ) , don't get me wrong they are certainly head turners but they are rather high maintenance , funnily enough tho I cancelled my street twin and got a T120 instead which is another level altogether. Disclaimer ..this is my personal view of owning a scrambler, other scramblerists will undoubtedly disagree.

#6 · (Edited)
I've looked at the Ducati scrambler a dozen times. The silly high bars and the shoddy exposed wiring and unattractive frame design meant I never asked for a test ride I mean a plastic timing chain cover?? seriousl.... oh you want me to pay for the nice metal one. I get it now. . I made an appointment and rode over 90 minutes into L.A. to ride the street twin (2 weeks before my accident) and it was so good I am here trolling around these forums waiting till the day comes I can ride a motorcycle again to get a T120 Black in Matt Graphite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.