Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking at a new Triumph to replace my old sportster. After a couple test rides at my local dealer (Motorcycles of Dulles in VA allows anyone with an M endorsement to take an unaccompanied test ride of any bike on the showroom floor, including the new Thruxton) I have narrowed my shopping down to the T120 for a number of reasons but there are a couple of visual cues and comfort items I prefer on the ST. As a result I'm wondering if the following items off the ST fit the T120, assuming I was lucky enough to find an ST owner to trade with, or could get some takeoffs from my dealer:

-The wheels (would the dual T120 brakes even fit the ST wheels?)
-The seat
-The handlebars
-The exhaust (visual inspection looks close enough, maybe the Thruxton exhaust will fit if not?)

Thanks everyone!

Chase

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Bars are a no-go. The T-120 has internal wiring for the heated grips and it is 1" while the ST runs 7/8"

I tried to see if the Thruxton seat would fit my T120 and that didn't work. I think the ST's frame is different as well so that's doubtful as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
chase
thruxton exhaust and street twin exhaust wont fit t120 i contacted triumph uk
asking this question last month and was told no

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like Triumph is just not gonna be offering a STT120R, and they're making sure you can't build one for yourself!

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like Triumph is just not gonna be offering a STT120R, and they're making sure you can't build one for yourself!
The aftermarket will be all over these bikes.

British Customs, Norman Hyde, have bikes they are reverse engineering. Exhausts and other mods are mere months away, I'm positive.

I know Mike at Bella Corsa will be carrying the slip ons from Hyde....

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's a shame b/c it would have been a nice alternative to the bench seats that, while improving leg comfort thanks to the increase in height, appear kind of ill designed IMO (too skinny-looking). Unlike the standard seat they leave cables below seat exposed (possible security threat). I imagine the t120 seat would look far better. As much as I'd like to upgrade the seat, for now it's wait and see AFAIC.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts