Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! I'm new here. I am the owner of a 2018 Street twin in Thailand. I didn't get to ride a lot this past year so I am now at 20,000 kms (12,000 miles). I had the first service done at 800kms and the second one a year after at 13,000 kms.
In theory the next service would be annual or the 32,000 kms (20,000 miles). I haven't reached that number so in theory I would need just an annual service but on my service books it says 32,000 kms or 2 years. I know the 32,000 kms is a big service with valve clearance check and comes at a hefty price unfortunately.

I have tried searching for other cases like mine but with no luck. What do you recommend for my case? Just the regular oil change or go with the full service even if I am not at 32,000 kms?

Thanks everyone for helping me.

Olay

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dealers should be well used to riders who's mileage doesn't match the service schedule, they'll usually tailor the service to your needs.
I would stick to an annual service this time but add the things that are time related such as brake fluid @2yrs and coolant @3yrs as required. Things like valve adjustment/check are purely mileage based so shouldn't be required until you've reached that milestone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts