Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only found threads where people have been able to fit the Street Cup seat on their Street Twin, and this without anything extra being done and without issue. It would seem logical then, that a Street Twin seat would fit on a Street Cup without anything extra being done and without issue, but could there be some strange difference that makes this not the case? Has anyone put a Street Twin seat of some sort, including the Bench Seat, on their Street Cup?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have no experience of the actual conversion you mention, dude, but I'm pretty sure it will fit straight on. There's huge interchangeability of parts between the various models in the 900cc range. They're, essentially, all the same underneath. Maybe someone will let you try one?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I can tell you this: I was in the dealership last week I and tried to put a Cup seat on my street twin, but we could not get it to fit on properly. There is a bracket underneath the street cup seat that was non existent on the street twin seat, so we took the bracket off thinking that it would resolve the issue. It did not. Now if I had had more time to screw around with that I’m fairly confident that I could have gotten it to fit, but I didn’t want them to think I was going to break the seat. I went ahead and ordered a Streat Cup seat anyway, which should hopefully be here by the end of the week.

Guess we’ll see what happens.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yup it'll swap right over. Seen it done before. Check the "Triumph Street Twin | Cup | Scrambler" Facebook group and people can post pictures.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can tell you this: I was in the dealership last week I and tried to put a Cup seat on my street twin, but we could not get it to fit on properly. There is a bracket underneath the street cup seat that was non existent on the street twin seat, so we took the bracket off thinking that it would resolve the issue. It did not. Now if I had had more time to screw around with that I’m fairly confident that I could have gotten it to fit, but I didn’t want them to think I was going to break the seat. I went ahead and ordered a Streat Cup seat anyway, which should hopefully be here by the end of the week.

I put the cup seat on my twin with no modifications.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put the stock Street Twin seat on my Street Cup, no fit up problems at all. I have the Triumph rear rack/grab rail installed also. To make the stock Cup seat work with the rack you have to remove the 2 rearmost rubber bumpers on the back of the seat. The Twin seat works without modification whether the rack is on or off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put the stock Street Twin seat on my Street Cup, no fit up problems at all. I have the Triumph rear rack/grab rail installed also. To make the stock Cup seat work with the rack you have to remove the 2 rearmost rubber bumpers on the back of the seat. The Twin seat works without modification whether the rack is on or off.
That's interesting. As for hard luggage options. So far I've only seen Hepco and Becker, but they only list for the Street Twin, and not the Street Cup. I'm wondering if with the Street Twin seat on the Cup, those racks would work?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I put the cup seat on my twin with no modifications.
Yea, I think I could have put it on with a bit of jiggering but when it didn’t snap right on the sales guy got jittery. He had parts take the metal bracket off the bottom and it still didn’t snap right in.

Like I said, I still ordered it. Should be here in the next couple days. Not worried.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ST seat on Street Cup

Yea, I think I could have put it on with a bit of jiggering but when it didn’t snap right on the sales guy got jittery. He had parts take the metal bracket off the bottom and it still didn’t snap right in.

Like I said, I still ordered it. Should be here in the next couple days. Not worried.
I got a ST seat for 2 up riding and strapping a bag on for a day trip. At the dealer noticed basically two kinds of seat pans, deep and shallow, the shallow worked. Just grease up latch, turn key push seat forward and up to fully disengage latch.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts

Unless there was something wrong with either the seat or bike then this is not true. I ordered a Cup seat and cowl for my 2018 street twin and it fits right on. You don't remove anything. It is direct replacement.

·
Registered
27 Posts
FYI, T120 comfort seat only took a couple of hours with minor mods. Measured seat edge where it contacted the rack mount and tail, removed trim, cut down the plastic base and refitted the trim. 1.5hrs and done.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts