Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the fancy Triumph brake fluid reservoir fitted as part of the service yesterday (the dealer offered to fit for free so I didn't argue).

What I'd not realised it's that the wording on the lid faces away from the rider.

I'm guessing this is how it's supposed to be so that whomever is servicing the bike and observing the fluid level window (as that's also away from the rider) gets to read the instruction clearly, but it's really annoying me.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I'm guessing this is how it's supposed to be so that whomever is servicing the bike and observing the fluid level window (as that's also away from the rider) gets to read the instruction clearly, but it's really annoying me.
The fact they are there at all would annoy me, same as all the daft stickers you get on a new bike, I'd mask the logo off and spray over it.
Although the side exit and big loop of hose would annoy me even more, would be much neater with a bottom exit same as the original. :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
The fact they are there at all would annoy me, same as all the daft stickers you get on a new bike, I'd mask the logo off and spray over it.
Although the side exit and big loop of hose would annoy me even more, would be much neater with a bottom exit same as the original. :(
Agree. The penalty you get for not carting a small piss cup around on your handlebar is you get a beautifully machined black metal cup that has been defaced with all sorts of unnecessary verbiage.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The printing is NOT for the benefit of the person on the seat, the rider. It likely who ever need to add fluid wii be standing in front of the bike, it’s intended for him. Make sense?

My Street Twin wears a cup/cap from Rizona. It sits lower then the Triumph unit and looks much cleaner. If you’re not familiar with Rizona you should be. There products are very high quality and They make a ton of them for Triumphs.

What are your thoughts?

Paul

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The side exit and loop are the same as the original

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The printing is NOT for the benefit of the person on the seat, the rider. It likely who ever need to add fluid wii be standing in front of the bike, it’s intended for him. Make sense?
It does make sense, which is why I said it in my original post :)

My Street Twin wears a cup/cap from Rizona. It sits lower then the Triumph unit and looks much cleaner. If you’re not familiar with Rizona you should be. There products are very high quality and They make a ton of them for Triumphs.

What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are

1. That Rizoma stuff is nice
2. As the Rizoma reservoir doesn't have any safety information for the benefit of the mechanic stood in front of the bike, why does it have the logo etc printed for the benefit of the mechanic, not the rider?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Had the fancy Triumph brake fluid reservoir fitted as part of the service yesterday (the dealer offered to fit for free so I didn't argue).

What I'd not realised it's that the wording on the lid faces away from the rider.

My cap is the same (Although on the speed twin) annoyed the crap out of my OCD. At least on the speed twin the exit is out the bottom and the hose does not loop out and around at the front.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Mine is exactly

·
Registered
12 Posts
mine is exactly the same, i had it fitted when i purchased the bike new 2 years ago.
The writing/logo /instructions facing forward has never bothered me as i dont ride and read.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

2. As the Rizoma reservoir doesn't have any safety information for the benefit of the mechanic stood in front of the bike, why does it have the logo etc printed for the benefit of the mechanic, not the rider?
You seem to enjoy a good debate... (y)

Why in the world would any rider want to read the Rizoma branding? Riders should be focused on the roadway, on traffic, and on other impending hazards. All the 'safety information can be found in the owners manual and shop manual. As with most bling/branding, the rider wants others to see see it and was WOW!

It's nice that we have a choice, leave it stock, add a Triumph accessory, or add one from an after market supplier.

I choose the Rizoma because it adds 5 hp... maybe 10 hp., improves gas mileage by 9 mpg, and is 17 lbs. lighter then all others. 🤪

Paul

Reactions: Trumpynut and Gyp

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had to get rid of that piece of tubing. Just looked all wrong. I went with the British Customs unit, which has no writing on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wonder if the whole unit could be moved to a different location, it's just sat there & looks like a sample bottle en route to the doctors.......
Hideous thing spoiling the look of the bike, mine that is.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had to get rid of that piece of tubing. Just looked all wrong. I went with the British Customs unit, which has no writing on it. View attachment 732858
That looks neat, however my worry on my Scrambler - which I occasionally use off road - is the direct connection like this is more vulnerable if I get it wrong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That looks neat, however my worry on my Scrambler - which I occasionally use off road - is the direct connection like this is more vulnerable if I get it wrong.
which probably makes you among the 1% of scrambler owners that actually use it off road for any reason. I have a scrambler. If you think that I’m taking that thing off road, you’re crazy. Because I’m just going kill myself and trash the bike, in that order, if I do any off road. I’ve gone down some dirt roads here and there, but I don’t make habit of it and I certainly don’t enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
lots of nice options if you dont mind the price!! got a small one off E-Bay for $20, no markings + it worked well!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts