Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for a ride on the ST today , all very narrow (just over a car wide) roads , very short straights between corners , typical English country back roads. Went to Duxford to watch the warbirds display. Went home a faster, easier route. Bike is showing 74MPG (UK), so Triumphs own figures are not wrong.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah these bikes are pretty good, first time I've had a bike that can do better mpg than my car
I have been running in my 120 in the south of England, done 400 miles now and doing lots of accelerating, town riding, fast country lanes and it's telling me 58mpg average! Which I think is outstanding

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
That is terrific mpg, to a U.S. gallon that would be about 61/62 mpg, using 1 Imperial gallon = 1.20095 U.S. gallon. I think I could only hope to get that sort of mileage...maybe if the road was downhill both ways I could do it, but it is hard to find routes like that! Good riding!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just wondering. I've done a 75 mile nonstop ride on the ST @ avg speed mid to high 70s mph. At these speeds it does about 53 mpg.
The same ride on my Ducati monster 1200 = 62 mpg.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just wondering. I've done a 75 mile nonstop ride on the ST @ avg speed mid to high 70s mph. At these speeds it does about 53 mpg.
The same ride on my Ducati monster 1200 = 62 mpg.
That's similar to my Theuxton R. 53mpg at around 80mph, about 60mpg on A roads. (UK)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mpg

went into London to meet a friend for Goat curry , down the motorway at 70mph and into the city and back ...its still showing 73 mpg. Tank is now showing 41 miles empty with a 150 on the trip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts