Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been away from the Triumph scene for a few months now after a succession of air cooled Bonnevilles (5). I decided rightly or wrongly not to dive straight in with a new Street twin for two reasons. 1) I always feel that the first year of a new model is effectively the final year of the development process with minor niggles emerging and 2) due to supply difficulties in supply dealers were adopting a "we will be doing you a big favour if we get you one of these " stance. I have filled in the time with a delightful Suzuki SV but the Triumph itch again needs scratching. Is now the time ?

Geoff.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah I did the same for similar reasons with the thrux r, but I've signed up for 2017 model due in November, just not down for being a beta tester.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Skipping early production has been Good conventional motorcycle wisdom for a long time, but so far, no major issues with the WC Bonnie line. They really did a great job of developing these bikes, 5 years in the making, with a lot at stake. I have a very low production ThruxR, no probs. I don't think there is any risk in buying now if you want one. You won't get much of a bargain, but then again, you'll not be riding one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 T120
667 Posts
The new Street Twin is $10k+ out the door with all the fees. I still think waiting until early 2017 is the best time to buy one for discounts and accessory promos. But, I have a Bonneville to ride now, if I didn't I would not wait till next year!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Due to injury I have a year to wait anyway. A great opportunity to wait for the aftermarket to figure exhaust and other bits out. I agree a bit with first year bikes especially from smaller companies like triumph

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think all the new Triumph twins are great bikes. Get in mate, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :smile2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts