Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feel that the st could have used a bigger fuel tank? I think another gallon larger tank and that would not have looked out of proportion. Filling up every 3 days is a major pain in the ass. There needs to be a requirement that the fuel light does not come on till around 200 miles.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would bet the designers really stressed on the size of the tank and went as big as they felt would be visually appealing. The new line was in development for 4 years.

Reactions: BobbieJo

·
Registered
109 Posts
The T120 tank is more than a gallon extra. Personally I like it just the way it is, so much so for city driving I fill it about halfway, to keep it light and nimble.

The Street Twin is a bobbed/lightened version of the Bonneville, therefore IMO plastic fenders, plastic sprocket covers, thinner handlebars, smaller fuel tank, and so forth are all good!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I guess if you wanted a bigger tank you could've gone with a T120? Pretty stoked on my mileage. I get better mileage than my husbands T100 that has a bigger tank.

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Street Twin
2,422 Posts
I HATED the look of the larger Bonneville tank on the 2015 and earlier models (I owned several), compared to the slightly smaller tank on my first 2006 Bonneville T100. That is one main reason I traded my 2015 Bonneville SE for a new Street Twin. I love my new bike's correctly proportioned size fuel tank.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I HATED the look of the larger Bonneville tank on the 2015 and earlier models (I owned several), compared to the slightly smaller tank on my first 2006 Bonneville T100. That is one main reason I traded my 2015 Bonneville SE for a new Street Twin. I love my new bike's correctly proportioned size fuel tank.
I'm with you there, I wanted a Bonnie for the longest time and rode around on my husbands T100 and I just couldn't shake how big the tank looked to me. Once I saw the Street Twin and how everything looked, I was sold.

·
Registered
T100R Daytona 1971 & Tiger 850 Sport
306 Posts
Poor tank range is an issue for me on all two wheelers. I hate riding once the fuel light has come on and so often it means I have to change my route and riding style to allow for filling up. I know some owners have reported excellent fuel consumption but I would be very surprised if that light doesn't come on after 120 miles or so given the way I use the bike. I would love to see someone offer an alloy tank in the old café racer style that was compatible with the injection system and had a capacity of at least 15 litres.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts