Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I've been sifting through the interwebs for Triumph Street Twin fuel cap parts, but don't see any parts listed. I'm looking specifically for the threaded plastic part and related components that live under the shiny cosmetic fuel cap cover. (Long story short: I lost my gas cap on the highway, and ordered a Rizoma Street Twin gas cap which is basically the cover for the actual functioning parts, so trying to put this together in reverse.) Any leads on part numbers would be much appreciated. Or if this is a futile effort, let me know!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, this is definitely a step closer! Thanks!!! They definitely put the cap in an unexpected category. I guess you have to buy the whole cap assembly… which would make this a very expensive project since that Rizoma gas cap cover alone cost about 90 bucks! Gonna call around today to see if any of the local repair shops have a spare used one lying around the shop.

·
Registered
359 Posts
At 64GBP it is a bit on the pricey side (Fuel Filler Cap, Locking T2400718)
Mine recently vibrated off a filling station pump but luckily the damage is not visible. I now put it on the floor whenever I fill the tank and try not to kick it across the forecourt as I do so!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem...solved! The local Triumph dealer had a spare locking gas cap taking up space in their shop, so I managed to score the threaded part (for free). One man’s trash is another’s treasure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,584 Posts
https://newbonneville.com/shop/retractable-gas-cap/

I have this same non-locking gas cap. I had to remove the seal underneath my original and install on my new NewBonneville cap to keep fumes from filling the garage. The new cap had an o-ring and not the soft, malleable seal from the original.
I have this cap in satin black and it came with a flat rubber gasket that squishes down when the cap is tightened. The rubber gasket itself fits rather loosely on the threaded part of the cap, almost to the point of falling off completely. So I suspect your gasket fell off at some point.

You can probably source that same gasket from several other places. Looks almost like a toilet flusher gasket or some other kitchen related part. Auto parts store might have something suitable too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear, do you have the dimensions or technical drawing for the gas cap of T100 2018? If you have, please share with me. Thank you very much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts