Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to be installing 2” rox risers on my triumph street twin. As I understand it, I’ll need to replace the clutch cable and reroute the brake line. Thinking of having a dealer do the rerouting for me. I understand it requires a little finesse. I’d like to have a backup plan if anything goes wrong with that. Am thinking maybe a brake line extender might be a good thing to have on hand. Has anybody used one for their street twin and if so where did they get it? Is that a good plan or should I just have a whole new (appropriate length) brake line with me for backup?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
NADA! due to the specialized ends on brake lines i believe a complete new line is required. when i installed my pretech caliper on my 2012 mag wheel bonnie i had a different line made because the banjo fitting was not correctly orientated for the caliper as brake lines are not so flexible or twistable

·
Registered
455 Posts
British Customs includes a brake line extender with their tracker bar kits for the Street Twin FWIW. No clue if they sell just the extender.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Vendor is in Thailand...has a good reputation.

Vendor is in France and Thailand...have ordered from them before with good results:

This is a Free Spirits short extender (about 1 1/2") from AJ Cycles in New York.
I think I have one of these in my parts bin. Didn't use it because it interfered with my hand guards.

Don't know how the world wide lock down is affecting those busineses and delivery times.

Also a do-it-yourself brake line extender can be made from a double banjo bolt connector, a short length of brake line, and a matching banjo bolt going to the front brake reservoir.

jb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts