Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,

So I've been looking for the moulded visor for the ST3 R and can't seem to find one anywhere. Anyone know any places I can find online or offline (I live in San Jose). Also how much do they go for?

I tried ordering one through the local Triumph dealer and all they could pull up was the non-moulded flyscreen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's some info I sent to another member.....:)

The moulded visor fits on the flyscreen for the street triple or the R. I resisted ordering the fly screen too because I really didn't like the look of the regular visor...I have the 'Urban Sports 2009' catalogue that I got from my local dealer and I saw the moulded flyscreen visor and they got it for me with the regular flyscreen, the jet black that matches my bike. Its very nice.

I have included the order numbers that your dealer needs below. If you still have trouble, I have included links to two American sites (that I am not endorsing...but just an example) where you can get the visor. You have to have the flyscreen too. Both websites quote a price of $119.

flyscreen accessory # A9708181 (pick the right colour)
flyscreen visor kit # A9708197

http://www.southeastsales.com/dlrindexsend_pg_catprod_levelcode_36969_catalogcode_4966_partheadernumber_624288-Fly+Screen+Visior+Kit+-+Moulded.htm

http://www.baxtercycle.com/eshopprod_cat_4966-3581-12487-36969_product_624288.Fly_Screen_Visior_Kit_-_Moulde.htm

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out that the visor is on backorder and they just didn't update the website. I wonder if the other website is the same deal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My visor just came in, and was back-ordered since November. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got mine in a little under two weeks back in February, but I am on the other side of the north border.....maybe you can get it from a Canadian site/dealership, will probably cost more though.;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
no, he ordered it while I was standing there. It is the same one for the 'R' from the 2009 catalogue (didn't like the plain original one personally), but I don't imagine there are a lot on order for Canada compared to the US!

Hope yours comes soon, I know how much we all hate waiting! I waited 10 weeks for engine guards for my Bonnie and it was agony...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just put mine on and went out for a brief demo ride. Unfortunately I noticed an immediate change in the amount of air that is being channeled to my head and neck, much more so than when I rode with just the bug screen. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was wondering about the effect of the screen. I found even the flyscreen on its own created buffeting at my helmet. Anyone else find this happening, I'm 6'1".

triplerider

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Yes, I too am tall, disproportionately so from the waist up, so I also experience buffeting of my helmet from turbulence created by screens and visors of various sizes and kinds, on many bikes. I've been halfway intending to install my Street's fly screen, but haven't done it yet for uncertainty about whether it would introduce some. I started out riding naked bikes, and still generally prefer the wind on my chest to having it shake my head about. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm 6'1", and when I had just the bug screen I felt little to no turbulence around the neck and head. Now that I installed the visor, its a totally different story.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Thanks for that, Djm. I'll probably go ahead and install my fly screen before bug season starts, then. But if I trade it in for a graphite R, that'll start my quandry all over again. I love the way the visor looks on those...but might not like the buffeting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.