Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 103 Posts
I emailed LSL directly, and they emailed me back with some pages out of the catalogue. The Part # is 460T041. Also, the catalogue states "For Triumph models the plate holder unit fits with original under-seat exhaust but also to low accessory system. For use with a low exhaust system, LSL offers special pillion pegs hanger." The part # for the Passenger Pegs Hanger is 110T041.2.

Hope this helps. If you end up getting it, let me know - am very interested in how it goes. When LSL quoted me, it was 200,84 Euro (plus 50,-- Euro shipping), so not cheap.

Of note, I noticed that pepe has the LSL Kit fitted ... see http://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-forum/104069-post-your-st3-pics-pics-only-part-4-a.html#post1212805

Pictures please!!!!

Also, does it use the stock indicators? or provide new ones. Just wondering if you need to get news for the front to match any provided for the rear of the bike. I know that may be a bit anal... but I would like the indicators to match if possible.

Wish I could produce some pics but am away from the bike ATM. The blinkers with the kit are smaller but still effective. Nice and clean between tire and seat with rear pegs off and Arrow 3 in 1.

Pictures please!!!!

Also, does it use the stock indicators? or provide new ones. Just wondering if you need to get news for the front to match any provided for the rear of the bike. I know that may be a bit anal... but I would like the indicators to match if possible.
as others have said, supplied with much smaller, bulb-type, clear lens indies and an LED plate light - but they look similar enough and you would need to use them if you had undertails. I would guess that with a 3-1 exhaust, and with a slight mod you could get the OEM indicators to mount to the sides of the unit. Overall it's a very neat little unit, very well made.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive exhaust Car

Vehicle Car Auto part Wheel

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exhaust Car Automotive lighting

Not wild on the Competition Werks eliminator

I fitted a Competition Werks eliminator on my bike a couple of weeks ago and I can't say I'm overly impressed.
It's quite pricey for a couple of pieces of riveted stainless steel (but then most bike extras are overpriced), but my main grumble is that the included indicators are cheap and tacky looking, and the while thing is very flimsy when mounted because it depends on the plastic clips of the undertray for its fixing. By the way, the LED plate illuminator is just pathetic enough to be an obvious stop by the police but not bright enough to look snazzy in an 'cool LED' way.
The indicators supplied are designed to fit between the eliminator and the cans and they suggest you loosen the cans and move them as far from the indicators as possible (and also suggest you regularly check to make sure they are not melting onto the cans), but if you have a 3-1 exhaust I think the stock indicators look much better.
For the price I'd like to have seen some decent LED indicators with load resistors.
I'm strongly considering stripping mine down, spraying it black, possibly even replacing the stock plate light (just because the replacement one looks naff), and either buying some nice small neat LED indicators or replacing with the originals.
It's a shame that this is the only after-market item so far that I've not been impressed with.

Cheers,
Jason

p.s. As you can see in the photos above, the holes are also in the wrong place for Aussie plates. Either drill more holes making yourplate like a colander or use double-sided sticky tape again...

Things to do in the morning...

you must of missed the two screw/nuts that attach the unit to the rear surround.:) Mine isn't going anywhere. And I agree, pricey for what it is, but most of these things are!
That's possible, although I don't have any spare holes.
I'll double-check in the morning!

(edit)
Yes, I have used those, but they just seem to provide a nice pivot point :) Ah well...

Cheers,
Jason

Are your blinkers sitting on the exhaust?? Looks really close if they're not.
blinkers are about 15mm away from the cans, they seem fine and no problems with the heat (yet!). Though the Arrows I think maybe a bit smaller than the OEMs, so they may end up being closer. Where it is very tight is the gap between the plate and the cans, obviously depends on the size of your plate, but make sure your plate fits in between your cans before buying this kit.

I fitted a Competition Werks eliminator on my bike a couple of weeks ago and I can't say I'm overly impressed.
...etc...
I'm strongly considering stripping mine down, spraying it black, possibly even replacing the stock plate light (just because the replacement one looks naff), and spraying it black, possibly even replacing the stock plate light (just because the replacement one looks naff), and eiteither buying some nice small neat LED indicators or replacing with the originals.
It's a shame that this is the only after-market item so far that I've not been impressed with.
That's interesting, my first thought after installation was removing the license plate bracket and making it black. I don't like shiny stuff on my bikes for the most part.

Looking good! this eliminator really works well with the low boy.

Though i was in a group ride yesterday, and a few behind me have commented that the indicators are hard to see flashing in the daytime. Might see if a brighter bulb works or go to LEDs, the oem blibkers don't fit with the undertails.

Ioneater, let me know if you have similar probs.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.