Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just joined up today, posted a hello, and have been searching the threads for any fender eliminators for the 09 street triple R.

So far I have found the Mad Doctor and the R&G Tail Tidy. I'm sure I'll find more info as I look through the threads, but can you all tell me if any of these two are good buys? Are they durable? does anyone have pics of the two?

Thanks in advance all!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Can we get some pics?

I've heard the R&G has some problems of not staying together and I don't know anyone that has a Mad Doctor installed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lucid Triple: Your bar-end mirrors:

Which brand/model are they?
Do they work better than stockers for rear view?
I love the look of bar-ends on a street fighter, but I want functional too...

thanks,
greg. (sorry for going off topic Diego)

·
Registered
94 Posts
what happens to the rear turn indicators with the ermax one?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Clear Alternatives Integrator

I had a custom one of sorts done at my local shop - looks sweet (sorry no pics yet). They used the Clear Alternatives tail light/turn signal integrator, which I really like. They did the chop leaving just enough to drill holes into for attaching the license plate mounting plate. It's all very clean looking and not over complicated - the whole reason for the chop:D

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Can we get some pics?

I've heard the R&G has some problems of not staying together and I don't know anyone that has a Mad Doctor installed.

Purchased a Mad Doctor kit a couple months ago, and simply haven't gotten around to installing it. Too much family stuff going on. I'm off this entire weekend and getting it installed is on my "to do list". I'll take some pics and post them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lucid Triple: Your bar-end mirrors:

Which brand/model are they?
Do they work better than stockers for rear view?

(sorry for going off topic Diego)
Those would be the Triumph bar end mirrors and I find them to be suitable for use and no really can't compare them to the stockers since they were put on soon after getting the bike :welldone:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tail tidy

I fitted the MadDoctor to my street triple last year. Looks lovely, and the LEDs are very bright when extended outwards. When tucked-in during the day, visibility is slightly compromised. Installation is pretty straight forward when 'clipping' your old plugs and soldering to the new. Although quality of the cables isn't too great.

Pros - looks lovely, draws attention especially with stock cans removed and replaced with lowboy. Nice option of setting the angle of the plate too.

Cons - Quality of the build is pretty flimsy. Need to be really careful when they are extended that you don't knock them (plactic is pretty weak).

I park in a bay in London and some lovely person moved my bike and snapped off the left indicator. I've reattached with tape, but am really angry about this. I need to see if I can buy and indicator and open up the 'sealed' unit & fix.... any know if it's possible?

So in short - looks good, but pretty fragile. hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
'09 St Triple R Fender Eliminators?

Thanks for the pic of the Ermax. I will search for it, but if possible could you drop a note in this thread as to how you found it.

·
Super Moderator
4,756 Posts
Those would be the Triumph bar end mirrors and I find them to be suitable for use and no really can't compare them to the stockers since they were put on soon after getting the bike :welldone:
I can add to that I rode with the stock mirrors for several hundred miles before putting on the Triumph Bar end mirrors. The bar end mirrors are not as good as the stock ones by any comparison except for looks. That said they are at least 75% as good which is good enough for me and I always look over my shoulder anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
what happens to the rear turn indicators with the ermax one?
The ones they offer were a double sided tape type that I didn't quite fancy and it also has no place for fitting the stock indicators so I thought of making my own indies and stuck them into the filler panels;

http://s463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/Lucid_Triple/LED/?albumview=slideshow

Thanks for the pic of the Ermax. I will search for it, but if possible could you drop a note in this thread as to how you found it.
I got them online from;
http://www.frogspecialties.com/ Phillip is a cool person to work with too

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow, I didn't notice the signal in your original photo. Nice work!

If you get a chance, can you post a link to the signal illuminated?

thanks, greg.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, I didn't notice the signal in your original photo. Nice work!

If you get a chance, can you post a link to the signal illuminated?

thanks, greg.
Here's one with it off

Almost on

And lit

:D

not spendy to do, the filler panels were like $35 and led bulbs (one per side) were $12 each and the viewing angle is great too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies, that helps me out. seems Street triple eliminators are tough to find and a super reliable one is not in the cards! I decided to order the competition werkes kit from British custom and I'm gonna see how that works...

I will of course post the pics of the completed product and give my opinion! Also, can't wait to put the after market triumph mirrors on my bike and reduce the profile!!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts