Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to turn my street over yesterday and when I turned the ignition key, heard the fuel pump but no display. Traced the issue to a blown 10A fuse. Replaced the fuse and every time I connect the battery the fuse blows. Disconnected everything and then re-connected 1 at a time. Fault seams to be with the clocks as when I connect them and insert the fuse it blows even without the ignition being on.

Any help would be appreciated as been told the clocks are £750 + VAT from Triumph.

Also if I change the clocks do they have to be re-mapped to the ECU?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xorbe, Yep checked all the wiring. Got my replacement clocks today and it is now working like a dream. Just annoyed that they have gone at just over 3 years old.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Open up the old one, see if you can spot an obvious problem! Is the odo still correct? (ie, is the odo storage in the ecu or the clocks)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope to be able to open up the original failed one.

Unfortunately the ODO stays in the clocks not the ECU so it is now over reading by about 1.5K

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went to turn my street over yesterday and when I turned the ignition key, heard the fuel pump but no display. Traced the issue to a blown 10A fuse. Replaced the fuse and every time I connect the battery the fuse blows. Disconnected everything and then re-connected 1 at a time. Fault seams to be with the clocks as when I connect them and insert the fuse it blows even without the ignition being on.

Any help would be appreciated as been told the clocks are £750 + VAT from Triumph.

Also if I change the clocks do they have to be re-mapped to the ECU?

Thanks in advance.
Hi!!
facing the same issue, ride a street triple RS 765 2017, in India.
how did you get in touch with triumph and how did they replace it for you!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts