Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a Street Triple R 675 which came with the standard exhaust. I had a Scorpion exhaust from another bike which fitted with a link pipe and bracket so I thought I'd see if I could make it work. It's all fitted and sounds awesome!

When I bought the bike, the Triumph dealer mentioned that if I changed the exhaust I could take it back to them to get the Arrow map put on it for free.

The pipe has a removable baffle which I have kept in - I think it would be far too loud with the baffle out so will be keeping it like this.

I've ridden it and it feels/sounds great. I didn't notice any flatspots or issues.

Would you guys/girls recommend getting the Arrow map put on the bike with this set up? Or will I be better off leaving it as it is (standard).

Thank you! Here's a pic of the bike with the exhaust fitted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi RSW46, I have bought recently a 675 R too with Sc Project conic, I have no experiences with the stock exhaust but I will put the Arrow map next week at the official dealer, I will update you if I notice differences ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I the vein of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, I would not remap it if you are currently happy with the performance.

Furthermore, I would be very hesitant to use a remap designed for a different exhaust in any circumstance but especially if I don’t have any performance complaints.

if you want more performance, get a custom tune.
if you don’t have a problem, leave it alone.

Just my 2c

·
Registered
165 Posts
Watch for lean conditions while riding. If you see a few signs I would put the Arrow map on next visit to the dealer.
Generally speaking unless you open both the intake and exhaust you might not need a richer map.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the replies! Yes it seems to be fine at the moment so I'll probably leave it and get a custom map in the future, but @RedNocte if you could let me know how you get on with the Arrow map I'd be interested to hear how the bike runs with that on and your Sc project exhaust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! Look forward to hearing how it goes :)
Hello @RSW46, bike remapped today (for free) I drove it for about 50km to go back at home.

Honestly I dont see this much difference, the bike is a little bit smoother in general and at 4000 rpm is ok now, before it has an annoying on-off at this range, but the reason can be also the chain tensioning that now is correctly setted or the cleaned air filter.

I will wait to take a longer ride on Saturday to evaluate differences in fuel consumption.

Of course I prefer to have a reacher map installed (the sc conic is half shorter then the stock one) but...
If you can have the map for free go and let them install it but I would never have paid for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello @RSW46, bike remapped today (for free) I drove it for about 50km to go back at home.

Honestly I dont see this much difference, the bike is a little bit smoother in general and at 4000 rpm is ok now, before it has an annoying on-off at this range, but the reason can be also the chain tensioning that now is correctly setted or the cleaned air filter.

I will wait to take a longer ride on Saturday to evaluate differences in fuel consumption.

Of course I prefer to have a reacher map installed (the sc conic is half shorter then the stock one) but...
If you can have the map for free go and let them install it but I would never have paid for it.
Hey, thanks for the reply! That sounds like some small improvement then which is great - I haven't noticed any on-off around 4000rpm but the next time I ride it I'll see if I can find that and if I can I'll probably get the map installed just to see how it rides.

I took the baffle out of my exhaust earlier in the week and it was way too loud, and also didn't seem to ride any different, so I put it back in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A reacher map for an exhaust more open for me is always an improvement, even without noticing differences on the wrist.
Baffle out on my sc conic? No way. I don't know how lenient the police are in UK, heres in the north of Italy I don't want to be arrested, have a headache every time I go on highway and loose too much acceleration under 4000rpm :p
For the on-off around 4000 I am sure it was the chain, I will check that once I travel another 2000-3000km

1 - 10 of 10 Posts