Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, would like to use TuneECU but I only have a laptop running windows 10. I don’t own any android devices as all my other tech is apple.
As my bike is a few years old, is there a reliable older version I can download to use on my windows 10 laptop?
All I plan to do is add slip on exhausts so might not get involved with loading maps (although would welcome opinions as to whether it is a good idea todo so) but would like to have the option and the ability to see sensor info, fault codes and reset service lights etc which would be very handy.

thanks.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
It definitely should be possible on a pre 2013 bike to use a cable and an old Windows version of Tuneecu, I don't have any copies but I know people have exchanged them on here so if nobody replies then a search night throw up something.
There are Arrow or Triumph aftermarket silencer maps available in the database, its usually recommended to change to one of those maps if fitting a slip on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It definitely should be possible on a pre 2013 bike to use a cable and an old Windows version of Tuneecu, I don't have any copies but I know people have exchanged them on here so if nobody replies then a search night throw up something.
There are Arrow or Triumph aftermarket silencer maps available in the database, its usually recommended to change to one of those maps if fitting a slip on.
Thanks for your reply. I will give it a while to see if anyone has a link to the program download and if not I will do a bit more searching as you suggest. From what I can find out, a Lonelec cable is the thing to get to connect once I have the program but would need some help with what map to use.
I can’t afford the Arrows cans and can’t find any TOR ones as they seem about as common as hens teeth for my bike so have bought stainless steel link pipes that allow any 51mm cans and will give a pair of generic eBay ones a go. If they are no good then I won’t have spent a fortune and can try something else.
Have you seen a make that claims to be British called Torus? Very reasonably priced compared to Arrows, SCProject etc.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I had a cable for my 2006 Daytona years ago but I think its been skipped or you could have had it, I think Lonelec are the known good cables although there may be other cheaper ones that work.
Don't know how it is on Win 10 (I was on XP back then) but it used to be important to have the correct drivers installed if they come with the cable, not the default Windows drivers.

Do you mean Toro exhausts?
Can't find anything for "Torus"
Haven't heard of them until now but just looked at a review of a BMW S1000RR system and the quality looks ok, especially the tig welding on the link pipe, only the standard clunky looking exhaust clamp lets it down for me, although he could of hidden it by rotating the clamp to be fair.

I think the Arrow or TOR maps are recommended for any slip-on not just those brands, think they are just generic "richer" maps so the bike doesn't run lean. Not as good as a proper remap on a dyno but probably safer than running the standard map.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a cable for my 2006 Daytona years ago but I think its been skipped or you could have had it, I think Lonelec are the known good cables although there may be other cheaper ones that work.
Don't know how it is on Win 10 (I was on XP back then) but it used to be important to have the correct drivers installed if they come with the cable, not the default Windows drivers.

Do you mean Toro exhausts?
Can't find anything for "Torus"
Haven't heard of them until now but just looked at a review of a BMW S1000RR system and the quality looks ok, especially the tig welding on the link pipe, only the standard clunky looking exhaust clamp lets it down for me, although he could of hidden it by rotating the clamp to be fair.

I think the Arrow or TOR maps are recommended for any slip-on not just those brands, think they are just generic "richer" maps so the bike doesn't run lean. Not as good as a proper remap on a dyno but probably safer than running the standard map.
Sorry, yes it is Toro exhausts. I’ve seen a couple of YouTube videos of people putting them on other bikes and quality seems good but most say they are pretty loud. I’m only real after better looks and a less whistling sound than the standard ones. I have also read about the cable drivers thing so should hopefully be ok there.
I’ve also heard that the Arrow or TOR maps are ok for most aftermarket cans. I suppose they are all mostly just straight through cans anyway.
From researching a few YouTube videos it is possible to save the stock map to go back to if needed which sounds like a sensible idea.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I don't think the distinctive triple whistle is from the exhaust but a louder can would cover it up, are you sticking with the twin underseat cans or going lowboy?
Yes, you're lucky, unlike the newer Bluetooth only bikes you can save the original map with the cable, it could be on the database anyway but if its an outdated map it may not be, always better to save it anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think the distinctive triple whistle is from the exhaust but a louder can would cover it up, are you sticking with the twin underseat cans or going lowboy?
Yes, you're lucky, unlike the newer Bluetooth only bikes you can save the original map with the cable, it could be on the database anyway but if its an outdated map it may not be, always better to save it anyway.
I will be sticking with the twin under seat exhausts as I like the look better than the single low one. That was the main reason I went for a 2012 bike plus it is as far as I can find out pre euro 4 emissions which I think has less lean running issues if you do a few mods.
Will get a cable and save the stock map first off then probably add the aftermarket cans and try the Arrows map and see how that goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts