Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, Im Federico from Italy, a new owner of a Street Triple R 2013.

Im very happy with this bike, exept for the seat.

The problem is not about the comfort of my a** but my arms and legs.

Im a tall guy, 6.1, I think its related for the fact I have to stay on the back of the seat, but the inclination of the seat bring me too much near the tank when Im going to brake, take bumps or when Im descending mountains, so I have to use too much my arms and my wrists and legs to stay in the position and hurts so much after a long ride, when Im climbing I have no problems at all.

I tried also a Street Triple Rx of my friend and I have no problems with it, because I feel like the seat is longer than the R version and a little bit less inclined.

I see the images of the Sargent Seat and it looks a little bit flat the the stock one and with a little bump on the front which would prevent me to slipping towards the tank, but before spend this money I have to know if can resolve my problem.

Any tall guys here that has this seat can confirm me if its a little bit longer and flat and the feeling on it, can It emulate the Rx seat feeling?

Thanks, I appreciate that! :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I''m 6'1 and I ride a 2018 R but I'm not experiencing any of these problems, but arms and torsos differ, so here are a few thoughts.

If you have already found the solution in the form of a friend's seat choice, then I would certainly start there.

Since you mention your arms and legs, here are some other things to consider.

1. If you are riding in bike specific boots, then the cushioning is probably not very good. Try adding cushioned insoles, like Dr. Scholl's, to your boots. It can make a very significant difference in the vibration traveling up your legs.

2. If you are moving around on the seat, consider tank pads to give your legs more grip. This way you aren't using your arms and back exclusively in order to keep your backside where you want it.

3. Consider handlebar risers or even a new handlebar to get your body in a more comfortable position, if you are not happy with your riding angle.

I hope this helps.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Atari, thanks for the reply. I have no problem with the vibration, so, shoes and boots are good.

As you advised me in your message I will listen to you for the tank pads to start.

Yesterday my father lent me this thing to put on the seat and the situation is better, the seat now is less inclinated but not enough. Thats why I am curious about the Sargent seat, if this seat is more flat on this spot than the stock seat it will resolve my problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts