Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SS 900 mirror has tarnished badly, my bike is 2 1/2 years old, I have asked Triumph if they'll replace it but it is goodwill only.

Any ideas how I can fix this - apart from getting a new mirror? I find the stock mirrors OK for me.

Dave

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Replace is the only option. You should be able to pick up used OEM mirror very cheap from someone who has added after market mirror's. Check the classified section of, perhaps, someone with a set of take off's will come to this thread to help you out.

Paul

Reactions: Casper

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul,

thanks for that, I went for the replacement from French Company ''British legends''.

Dave

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
If you lived here I’d send you a pair of OEM take offs for free. No use to me.
Surely someone over there has some lying around from Street Twin or Street Scrambler.
Note that on early Street Twins the stems were a bit shorter. They’ll still fit but don’t clear your arms/body as well.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you lived here I’d send you a pair of OEM take offs for free. No use to me.
Surely someone over there has some lying around from Street Twin or Street Scrambler.
Note that on early Street Twins the stems were a bit shorter. They’ll still fit but don’t clear your arms/body as well.
CanberraR3

thanks mate, no one has volunteered this in Pommie land :rolleyes: so I ordered the British Legends rectangular matt black mirrors, a pain really as the stock mirrors were OK. But that's just the way it lands!

Safe riding

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts