Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
36 mm for a 2018 RS - I know for sure because I just put on a 15 t and had to buy the socket - it cost me more than the sprocket! lol

·
Premium Member
8,614 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's 36mm. Let me run to the garage and check...

...yep, 36mm. That's for a 2013, I can't guarantee it's the same across generations, but would assume so.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The weight savings translating to power going from 525 to 520 is negligible. You won't feel it.
I can't talk for this bike because I bought it second hand and it already had a lighter set of sprockets and chain, still 525 though, but with my previous Aprilia Shiver I shaved almost 2 kilos with a 520 set. It was absolutely huge in terms of feeling. That rotational mass thing is no joke! I'll definitely go with a 520 set here too, not sure about the 15t though, if it'll help me stay in 3rd in all the tight twisties I'll probably do it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I don't remember, but I want to say that it's the same size as the rear axle nut?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just ordered a 520 rk conversion kit. I did 2 up in the back. I have already plugged in a 15 tooth 525 but I decided I want a compromise between the two so I just went up two in the rear and the shedded weight from the 525 chain to the 520 chain should add a little bit of extra power. I chose the EK 520ZVX3 heavy duty. I know I will have to adjust the chain more but I have always used a 520 chain
Is there any life left in the 15 tooth 525 front sprocket?
Want to sell it?
When I bought this bike a couple of months ago the dealer had just put new sprockets and chain on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
36 mm for a 2018 RS - I know for sure because I just put on a 15 t and had to buy the socket - it cost me more than the sprocket! lol
I'm pretty sure it's 36mm. Let me run to the garage and check...

...yep, 36mm. That's for a 2013, I can't guarantee it's the same across generations, but would assume so.
thanks guys, have to go order one of those badboys. My kit doesn't go anywhere that high.

I heard from some folks with tigers when they went to change their front sprocket. The nut had worked its way loose and was only in place because of the lock tab. Anyone have that experience with the triples?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just done mine on a 2019 bike and it definitely wasn't tight, only 665 miles on the bike, put the 15t one on and nipped it up just over 85NM then pulled the lock tab over on it in two places, will check again after a few rides.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make sure to install the 15t sprocket the right way.
When I first installed it, I installed backwards. The bike was shaking a lot. So I reversed it and instantly realized I had it backwards.
The right orientation will not have any free play whatsoever.
Hi. Which is the right way and how do you identity it? Looking at the pictures it looks absolutely symmetrical. Is there an identifying marker to follow for installation?

·
Registered
12 Posts
For anyone that wants a bit more punch, this is what I ordered:

Won't impact speedo, and will let the rear wheel slide a little bit backward, which will help keep the front end down from the additional acceleration. According to gearingcommander, it drops the top speed to 144mph or so, which is about as fast and you want to go on a bike with no wind protection anyway... Not even sure the bike has enough power to hit redline in 6th with stock gearing, due to wind resistance.

A lot of bikes, actually gain a mph or so in top speed with lowered gearing...
Have you got this as yet? Does it fit fine with the rubber cushion?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The writing on the rubber cushion goes to the outside!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Have you got this as yet? Does it fit fine with the rubber cushion?
I got it like 3 days after I ordered it. Installed it the day I got it, writing on it faces out. Just look a the stock sprocket before you take it off, and it will be obvious how the new one goes on...

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I had the original chain and sprocket that came on the bike as well as a 15t front sprocket on eBay. Has 300miles on it from when i bought the bike, it’s the sprockets and chain are new practically

if anyone is Interested here is the listing

41 - 53 of 53 Posts