Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first "upgrade" purchase for my ST and it turns out I don't like it. The Cup seat sits about 1" higher than stock and IMO doesn't look good unless you also pair it with a fender eliminator (tail tidy) kit. Here is the look installed on my Jet Black twin. If you are interested in buying the setup let me know. I can put it up on ebay or something.

https://imgur.com/a/5G60lJt

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree that it doesn't look as good without fender eliminator. I ended up ditching the seat cowl and keeping the seat itself. I also like that the seat is one inch taller and even added T120 length (+10mm) shocks with an additional +10mm of adjustment for a total of 20mm over stock. I'm only five foot eight inches tall and I can still flat foot but it gives me more leg room with feet on the pegs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A... are you getting splatter on your back without the rear fender? I'm thinking of getting rid of mine.
B... did you tape up the pipes for esthetic reasons or does that actually DO anything?

I agree that it doesn't look as good without fender eliminator. I ended up ditching the seat cowl and keeping the seat itself. I also like that the seat is one inch taller and even added T120 length (+10mm) shocks with an additional +10mm of adjustment for a total of 20mm over stock. I'm only five foot eight inches tall and I can still flat foot but it gives me more leg room with feet on the pegs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A) Yes, I do get a little splatter when it's wet.

B) I wrapped the pipes purely because I like the look. My understanding is the header wrap will help keep the heat from radiating off the pipes but my exhaust is ceramic coated which does the same thing. I would guess the wrap does little if anything with the ceramic coating already in place.

A... are you getting splatter on your back without the rear fender? I'm thinking of getting rid of mine.
B... did you tape up the pipes for esthetic reasons or does that actually DO anything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts