Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever heard big thunder claps or seen lightning in the middle of a snowstorm? Strange stuff, getting hit hard right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
just had the same stuff last saturday itchin. its a trip to watch, kept thinking stuff was exploding all around town.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i grew up in lightning capital of the world, (colorado) and i've never experienced lightning with snow! gotta love the world's changes. it's going to be an interesting next 20 years...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Shhhhh!!! Dammit you guys keep talking about lighting in a snow storm and Al Gore will make another bad movie....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I've seen it from time to time. Very cool with the light reflecting off the white stuff.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Haven't see that, but yesterday was pretty weird.

I rode a 2006 Rocket III to work for a meeting at our Harley dealership at 8:30am. (My speed triple is receiving some T&C from our techs) Cold and wet, but fine. When the meeting was over at 10am - whoa!

Three inches of snow! The Rocket made the 1.2 mile trip to our Triumph dealership (where my office is) in a van. I was going to ride it - very carefully - but the owner (who does own the Rocket, it must be said) put his foot down. Probably a good thing.

·
Registered
262 Posts
yeah and when is the next confrence on global warming going to be ? since the last one was canceled on the count of a blizard imagine that

·
Registered
140 Posts
Also getting hit hard right now, I live in St. Paul, MN and we've got about 10 inches of snow in the last 10 hours, supposed to get another 3-6 inches tomorrow. There have been a few lightning flashes tonight, which is pretty cool. Apparently in Duluth, they have 60 mph winds and the lightning is going crazy up there. Complete blizzard. Thank god for 4WD. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts