Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new to the motor cycling world and I have recently bought a Triumph Bonneville 03. I have, what might be a stupid question, but bear with me. I hear a noise from the front brake disc when the engine is off and the front wheel is rolling. It sounds like the brake pads are touching the disc. Is that a normal sound? Is it something else that makes that noise?

Please help me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
It's normal unless it's really bad all the time. Sometimes pads will wear unevenly, and they basically just sit on the rotors, so if there is the slightest irregularity they will contact and make noise.

If you're riding and you hear it loud and clear I'd get it checked out, but if it's just when pushing the bike around don't worry about it.

Course, you could always upgrade to the EBC-HH sintered metal pads, cheap and better braking power.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Course, you could always upgrade to the EBC-HH sintered metal pads, cheap and better braking power.
sweatmachine, are these pads a direct replacement or do you also need the rotor they show in a kit? This is for my 2006 T100.

walt

[ This message was edited by: walt on 2006-11-28 15:35 ]

·
Registered
142 Posts
My front brakes do the same thing. It is annoying. The rear ones did the same thing too then got really bad and after a closer look, it turns out the pads were gone. The front pads, however, still have lots of life left and still sound like they're rubbing. So I'm assuming it's a "normal" sound.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The EBC-HH pads will work on any Bonnie without any modification.
However, the material in the HH pads are specifically designed to be used with carbon steel rotors (in or case, most after market rotors. semi or full floating)
The HH pads will give you increased stopping power, however they will also eat your rotor faster than if you were using the "correct" pads. I used the HH pads even though I knew this.

The "correct" EBC pads to use on the stock rotor are the organic pads and are designed to be used with stainless steel rotors.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hey there LIJ.
We got several members from Swedan on this board.
Where in Swedan are you?
My brother lives on Ingaro.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in Göteborg (Gothenburg as some translates it). West coast of Sweden. I'm afraid I've never been to Ingarö.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts