Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you take a few pics from top, bottom and side of your headlight mounting solution? I am adding a second OEM headlight and want to get some ideas.

I've already seen the Harley street bob version, but I need to mount stock headlights.. :)

If there is no slicker idea, I was just going to fashion a plate and mount them both to that, then use the single headlight bolt to mount the plate to the bike. But It will probably be ugly.. The other idea I had was to use a single long bolt and run it through both headlight's mounting blocks, and then fashion spacers where needed to keep the lights apart. It probably wouldnt be to hard to locate some chrome spacers.

Thanks for any leads!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dear, people didnt seem to like it! I think it will look ok if I can bring them back towards the bike a bit. Thanks for the lead. That forum is annoying to use, so I dont go there much. :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yeah I think that guy has the lights too far away from the bike, but I figured you could get some ideas from his setup.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that on this forum sometime in August I put some info up on mounting the headlight support on a 30mm spacer which not only avoids the 'hanging off the front' look but also moves the headlights 16mm further back, to good effect.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alan, I looked for it, to no avail. Can you point me towards the post? So you just raise the mount 30mm, and not move it forward at all? I need more space behind for it to clear the forks.. the headlight mounts hit. I did a quick mockup last night.

I'll have to find a piece of flat chrome somewhere.. and some chrome tubes/collars.. about 1.5-1.6" long and fit a 1/4-20 rod. :) Anyone know a good place to get these weird sorts of parts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alan, I looked for it, to no avail. Can you point me towards the post? So you just raise the mount 30mm, and not move it forward at all? I need more space behind for it to clear the forks.. the headlight mounts hit. I did a quick mockup last night.

I'll have to find a piece of flat chrome somewhere.. and some chrome tubes/collars.. about 1.5-1.6" long and fit a 1/4-20 rod. :) Anyone know a good place to get these weird sorts of parts?
If you go on that take a look at my photo album. The one that Lantesh pointed out could easily move his back further which is why I mentioned my method which I used on my single lamp set up. Not directly what you want but it may help you with ideas. I suppose it depends on how far back you want them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Have you looked at the YouTube post by leesfielding titled "Twin Lamps & Tank Badge 1." To me this is a terrific looking set up.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up doing it, and I am happy with the results! I have access to a water jet, so I fabbed up a plate to hold the two headlight mounts.

I cant believe how bright they are at night. Its like driving a car!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Sub;
Do you have photos of the new light arrangement with your support?
Did you connect the two headlamps working at the same time? If so, did you use the same cable as before?
Did you use additional relays?
Did you change the fuse for a one of a grater gauge?
See, I am in the same process and will indeed appreciate your answers.
Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts