Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have triumph pannier rails fitted which i use for a city bag for work and general panniers for weekends away however has any one got any suggestions for a small single pannier that can be used to carry light items for day rides

·
30,527 Posts
I use my city bags for that - I can get waterproofs in them, plus maps and a couple of other bits and bobs - one of which is a bungy net for strapping some of my clothing layers to the passenger seat if I get too hot.

So I guess I'm suggesting using your city bags for your day panniers.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Have you got the Renntec rack at the rear? You can get an expandable bag with carry handle which attaches with one clip and two velcro straps - on and off in seconds. It is more than adequate for everything from mobile phone to a couple of changes of clothing/pair of shoes/map/ciggies etc. I dont have panniers because the rack and bag is ideal for 90% of the time. If I need more, I just bungee another bag behind me - not pretty but aerodynamic.!

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're a real cheap bastid like me you pick up a $29 laptop bag and put a plastic dish drainer inside for support and bolt it to your saddlebag mounts you bent up yerself:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts