Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin' all ..

Am "enjoying" my new speed triple ('94, in black, which i believe is the fastest colour !!?) loving the motor, less so the mirrors, soon i must stop riding it and do a few jobs.

Hence :

My coolant switch is buggered (top of cylinder, in front of my left knee) .. Anyone know who's part Triumph bought back in 94 ? Will a car one fit ?? Can I fit the gauge and sender from another triple ??? Howabout an OG Triumph one ????

Also, I seem to need a circlip on the top of my rear shock, as when i turn the ten mill nut, my shock adjuster doesn't, and the nut jus' keeps on turning deep into the top of my shock .. Do you have the same shock ? Is there a circlip on the top of it ?? Ta !!!!!

Reckon that's enough for now,
Any help appreciated, an' all that

Love an' Peas,

Sid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oooh, and i forgot ..

Can i get a new stainless wrap for my sebring 3-1 ??

Finally, anyone got some pillion pegs they don't need ??

Thx Again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi.
You say less so the mirrors ?
If they are moveing under speed and they are like mine just tighten them up i think its a 10mil spanner.
As for the coolant switch take it out and pop in to your local car spares and ask then if they have one but dont say its for your bike cause if they do i bet they would charge you more.
Thought mine had gone due to my gage not working but sorted it with wd40 and a wire brush.
Apart from that carnt help you much new to triumph my self.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.. and as for the mirrors, they are small and pretty crap on the speed triple. Esp. above 75ish.. I have some Chrome iron cross ones, so i might fit them instead. Although i still wouldn't be able to see stuff behind me, they'd prolly look pretty tough though.

Am considering a mooneyes direct mount temp. gauge, or perhaps a sixties/seventies triumph part, mounted so's i can see it ..

Anyone else ??????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
826 Posts
the sensors will be the same as any other t3 model, so a daytona/trophy/speed triple of the same year, will definately share the same part

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice haircut Mister.

:D

Thanks Daytona !!

Knowledge is power and all that ..

Howabout a different sensor and a gauge ? I have just a light atm, and was thinking of a little bracket ana proper needle and scale arrangement, chopper style .. anyone got any ideas ???????????

Was also thinking of buying an old, chrome headlight and bunging the gauge in the ampmeter hole.. wouldn't be able to see it from the seat, but reckon it may look 'proper cafe-racer retro-tastic'.

Am removing my sensor, bunging up the hole with some chewing gum, an' tripping over to a classic MG/Triumph classic car garage 'round the corner from me ..

If it's gunna be replaceable with an auto one, at a much lower price obviously, reckon i'm just gunna buy one and fit/forget. If however, they wave a cheapy one under my nose that would work a gauge rather than just a switch, well, if anyone's interested, i'll let you know ?

Pea's,

Sid.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
ah, i see where you are coming from!
just get a set of daytona clocks, they have a temp guage built in.
True enough but not an enclosed pod to house them in.

I used the housing and facia from a T509 Speed Triple which has the temp gauge and the Sprint gauges fit perfectly. It also allowed me to use the S3 flyscreen as well.

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it ever stops raining ..

I'm also considering moving my clip-ons to above my top yoke in order to (hopefully) ease my aching and elderly back a bit, and get a better view out of my mirrors.

As a bonus, i may also be able to twist my neck a little more for those life-savers if i'm not so bent-up over my tank ??!

Anyone done this on theirs ?
Does it all fit ??

I don't really wanna replace any of my lines or cables atm, it would be helpful to know before i tear it down.
;)

As you've prolly guessed, i was one of those kids that was always taking stuff apart ...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Well if you mount that set-up on a naked bike, the gauges are are exposed! On your Daytona there are hidden by the fairing. Thats why I used the T509 housing when I stripped the fairing off mine.

The pod and facia are actually quite cheap from Triumph and the Daytona/Sprint gauges fit! It just means having to fabricate some brackets to mount the thing.

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good.

Glad we're all sorted out now. Thanks Guys.

lmfao

Anyone else anything to offer viz my stoopid questions ?

·
Registered
367 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts