Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man,

I am so mad! Just got home from work only to find my bike STOLEN! From right under the cover in front of my house!

Rat bastards!

I hope to see you again old friend!

:(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Grrrr... What a pisser. I feel for you, man.

Motorcycle thieves should be thrown off of one at 100MPH with no gear. Even if they survive, they'll wish they hadn't...

I'm afraid to ask, but hopefully you have insurance?

·
Registered
425 Posts
JW, i have the same bike in yellow, and I can only imagine how sick you feel. I hope it's recovered undamaged.If not, I hope the insurance helps you to get what you want. I suppose the only consolation is that winter is approaching so you won't lose too much riding time. Good luck.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would call bike theft "bad" here, yes. An attempt was made on mine just a few weeks ago. Luckily I have a gigantic chain running through the rear wheel to a storm drain grating.

A garage makes a huge difference, but I can't afford that right now.

Sorry to hear about that, JWats01, I hope you did have full insurance on it...that will help some.

[ This message was edited by: SR1 on 2006-11-18 06:08 ]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I definitely had full coverage, plus $3000 for accessories. I'm hopeful that if it's not recovered, I can get enough from insurance to replace it. I filed a claim, so I'll know something early next week.

The only lock I had was the steering lock, for whatever good that didn't do. The disc lock was under the seat! D'oh! I thought I only needed to use that in the "questionable" parts of the city. Live and learn!

I don't know the stats, but I imagine theft is about equal in all big cities.

·
Registered
929 Posts
feel for you .

my buddy just went through this, as I have in the past...

heres how to get the best buck from the insurance company...

collect all your photos and all receipts

label all visible upgrades

talk to your dealers sales/service manager have them write something up that say how much he would sell a similar bike for.

try and find as many similar bikes that are for sale.

separate the upgrades from the price of a stock bike.
you'll have to prove what its worth.

best of luck.

bwt

[ This message was edited by: bakwheeltango on 2006-11-21 15:05 ]

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
The question is "Do you want it back after it's been pinched"

Good luck with the insurance.. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts