Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am interested in purchasing a '95 Speed Triple in Fireball Orange but the bike currently has a corbin with a backrest and they claim to not have the stock seat and therefore also no seat cowl. As weird as this sounds, I'm not as interested in the bike if I can't get a seat cowl for it.

Triumph no longer offers the seat cowl in FBO, only the Daytona colors (red, yellow, black, etc). Before I make offer on this thing I want to make sure this isn't a deal where you can't get original seats and cowls. I have run into this deal before so I want to be informed, for instance, try to find a second hand radiator for a '97 T509!

Thanks,
Wally

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
You could always get one on eBay and respray it. Worked for me - 30GBP for cowl and grabrail.

·
Banned
141 Posts
cowl and radiator

the cowl and seats can be found, you might have to paint the cowl to match, and the radiator, i happen to have 2 spares both from bikes with under 6000 miles. i can sell one if your in need. there are a few places that make one piece moulded tails for these bikes , has the cowl moulded in as a race style , which is the route i went on one of my supers.ive gots pics of it in the super 111 owers thread. and its not to bad on the price

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. I was hoping to get one I wouldn't need to paint but at least I know I have some alternative. I bought a black '96 new, sold it some time in 1999 and regretted it. Assuming I actually hear back from the dealer who has it, I think I'll put in an offer.

dphex,

Right now the radiator is holding on the T509 but I will keep this in mind should it let loose. The bike has been dumped on the right side twice (plus once on the left) and the radiator is twisted up like a pretzel but it still holds. This bike has had a hard life but it's at about 75,000 miles and keeps going, so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts