Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace a pipe on the right side of my bike, I layed her down this summer. Brakes locked up and sent me over the handle bars and the bike fell on the right side denting the hell out of my muffler. Now i want to replace the pipe which i had just done 2 months prior to laying it down and they are british stock, if i get the reproduction pipes which were a substantial difference in price, if I was to go with the reproduction would it one look different than the stock, and will I have to retune my carbs to match the different pipe than what was on it before?
I'll save the cash if it looks good, and i dont have to mess up the tuning of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
12,458 Posts
They are likely both straight-through (absorption) type, so jetting should not be an issue as long as you match the LENGTH. There are short, medium and long versions out there. Several brands will match each other closely enough not to notice unless you intend to enter a concourse bike show.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grandpaulz- yeah i dont think the bike will ever go into a show. Shes more of a riding bike than a show bike. But I'd still like it to look clean. And thanks for the info. I still dont know if I'll go stock or not. I have to repaint it this season and Hopefully Ill have money for all the parts I need after the paint job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts