Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

My local dealer has a nice chrome Bonnie front mudguard on the shop floor. Looks like the fittings are right...anyone ever put one of these on a Scrambler?
:cool:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Stock Bonneville mud guards have stays that bolt to the fork legs - don't think the Scrambler does so you may have extra holes in the guard. May be a bit floppy - unless you trim it. Think it fits otherwise.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Hi Jon,
As David knows, I've been trying to find a way to get a Bonnie fender on my Scrambler. He is right, you do not have the tabs on the lower forks to accommodate the Bonnie fender stays. I've been toying with the idea of fabricating some clamps that fit on the lower forks to secure the fender stays. Here's a sketch of what I have in mind. Top clamp wrapped around fork, bottom held with axle. Might not look bad if painted black like the fork. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that would work and not look out of place! I was just surfing around and I see Bellacorse have a really nice short polished aluminum one as well. Sadly not available for 'export' so I am out of luck. They are made by MAS engineering in Italy.

Make sure you post the results of your solution once completed..!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
If you like the shortened look, when trimmed, the extra mounting hole leave in the process. I cut mine just rearward of the former mounting holes. But if you crave the "classic" look, you'll ned to do something else.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you like the shortened look, when trimmed, the extra mounting hole leave in the process. I cut mine just rerward of the former mounting holes. But if you crave the "classic" look, you'll ned to do something else.
For sure.....Like a lot of things with the Scrambler, Resourcefulness
is the mother of invention and style. There are some cool mods, but as I look around I realize the best ones are outside the box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts