Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a stock airbox to cut up and modify. Anyone have one laying around after a Freak? Give me a shout if you want to part with it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I have found a stock airbox, thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2006-11-17 17:37, caspianthruxton wrote:
anyone else have one of these for my Thruxton? I just want one to experiment with. If so then drop my a PM.
TJ
I got one from the BonnevilleAmerica board so JEB's may still be available.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2006-11-17 17:47, caspianthruxton wrote:
i need one to fit the thruxton.
Whoops, guess they are not the same. If you want one, post quick. I think at least three folks on the BA.com list replied they just threw theirs away.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On 2006-11-18 05:45, caspianthruxton wrote:
i'm now a member and posted a want ad on BA. thanks for your help.
TJ
TJ:
My buddy, Pete (snekepte) was over today. Said he is sending his extra Thruxton airbox to someone, hope that was you?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2006-11-19 09:42, caspianthruxton wrote:
yeah it is me. Thanks so much man. He is just charging me to ship it. I really appreciate it.
TJ
Well, that worked out! Pete was over at my house with two of his buddies. He saw my box and mentioned he was sending his old Thruxton box. What a coincidence! (I'd forgotten he sold his Thrux)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I really think that most triumph riders are super helpful to other riders needs. Just one more perk to having one i guess. thanks again. If you or your buddy ever need anything give me a holler and i'll be glad to help.
TJ

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2006-11-19 11:30, caspianthruxton wrote:
I really think that most triumph riders are super helpful to other riders needs. Just one more perk to having one i guess. thanks again. If you or your buddy ever need anything give me a holler and i'll be glad to help.
TJ
Will do. Good luck with your airbox mods. Have you been following the thread "I don't need no Stinkin Freak" over on BonnevilleAmerica.com? I'm just waiting on my filters, jets and breather filter from Newbonneville. Might tackle it next weekend, time permitting.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ghetto Freak Thread

There's the thread with all the info. I ordered the filters from TSE Truck's (link in the thread) for $70, free shipping using the KNE code. $2 carb brace from my local hardware store, using a 4" turnbuckle. I ordered 155 main jets and the crankcase breather from Brent. All done, I'll have just over $100 invested and my stockairbox should I want to go back that way.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Modified airbox photos

Someone just posted some additional pix of a modified airbox. These offer some good perspectives and what needs to be removed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts